Relocating to Central Belt Scotland near Edinburgh - Any suggestions

The place to discuss everything else..
EvilScotsman
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 SRI Nav
Astra Options: 18' Bi-Colour Alloys, Winter Pack, Privacy Tints
Astra Colour: Power Red

Relocating to Central Belt Scotland near Edinburgh - Any suggestions

Post by EvilScotsman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi all, need a little advise if possible from people that happen to live in Central Belt of Scotland, close to the Edinburgh side.

I've been offered a job in Milton Bridge outside of Edinburgh and I'm currently trying to work out what the best location to move to would be for me so as to have the right balance of commuting time versus miles on the road and location from family. I'm currently looking at possibly moving to Livingston (from Aberdeen) as it's a good mid point from my sister who's located in Cowdenbeath and my other sister plus mother who are located in North Ayrshire.

Looking at the Google Maps routes, it forecasts that it can take between 30mins to 1hr 20 to get to Milton Bridge via the M8, would this be a accurate estimate (leaving at 8am in the morning)? Would I better to use the A71 instead so as to miss the merge on to the M8 from the M9?

I'm wanting to keep my commute under 45mins if possible and keep the fuel budget within £160 (estimating with how my 1.6T currently drinks fuel, this should give me about 1100miles)

Is there any other locations I should consider, so as to keep the commute time down?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.

ScotsDude
Astra Model: SRI 1.6 CDTI 175bhp
Astra Options: Nav
Astra Colour: Flipchip Silver

Re: Relocating to Central Belt Scotland near Edinburgh - Any suggestions

Post by ScotsDude » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Sent you a PM mate.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”