Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Re: Just wondering.......

Post by Finston Pickle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:05 am

Keep it forever, Cooldad - and enjoy!
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Slartibartfast
Astra Model: 1.4T (150) SRI Nav
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 am

I have to say that I'd sell it.
Then i'd either buy something cheap for the odd jaunt or have no car and hire one every now and then when off to Wales.
MY17 Astra 1.4i Turbo (150ps) SRi Nav. Emerald Green with tinted rear windows.

Onethumb1047

Post by Onethumb1047 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 am

Loved your description of the “little yobbo cars” I laughed at that and they’re everywhere. I spent a couple of years in london and the transport systems were more than adequate, and that was in the “swinging sixties “ so I imagine that they are much better now than back then. Nowadays in my autumn years I only do just over 6k miles per year, but as I live in a rural area I still need a car 🚘. However if I was still living in London I would have to weigh up the pros and cons of owning the car, but I would probably prefer to keep my independence as long as possible if I could afford it to keep it.
One thumb.

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by cooldad » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Onethumb1047 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 am
Loved your description of the “little yobbo cars” I laughed at that and they’re everywhere. I spent a couple of years in london and the transport systems were more than adequate, and that was in the “swinging sixties “ so I imagine that they are much better now than back then. Nowadays in my autumn years I only do just over 6k miles per year, but as I live in a rural area I still need a car 🚘. However if I was still living in London I would have to weigh up the pros and cons of owning the car, but I would probably prefer to keep my independence as long as possible if I could afford it to keep it.
One thumb.

Glad you liked that!

I think I've mentioned it elsewhere on the forum in another thread and in another context. However, what p*sses me off in particualr is the music. It's always, rap, hip-hop, r&b, garage, etc. Windows always down, even when it's freezing, so we all have to suffer and the message is 'Ooh, look at me, I'm a little chav and I'd really rather have a better car, but I'll customise a crap one instead'.

Do you know what? My younger son used to drive around like that in his Nova and Honda Civic Type R. He's a respectable family man now, so has grown up a bit ;) ;)
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”