Google music
4%

Total votes: 51

Vayerr
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6 CDTi S/S (136bhp) Hatchback
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Curiosity what do everyone use

Post by Vayerr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:48 pm

Nobody said it has to be an official app or one that contributes to the artists. YT Vanced is still a valid option and the main objective of all those apps is to be able to listen to music and that's what Vanced is for. Besides like I've mentioned, on other apps you can't find all the songs whereas YouTube has everything.
- Peugeot 206 Verve, 1.4 Petrol 2006
- Vx Corsa E Limited Edition, 3dr, 1.4 Petrol (90bhp) 2015
- Vx Astra K SRi Nav, 1.6 CDTi (136bhp) 2016
- Ford Focus ST-Line X, Estate, 1.5 EcoBlue (120bhp) 2019
- Vx Grandland X, 1.5 TurboD (130bhp) 2018 *Current*

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Boroboy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:58 pm

A mix of radio stations and music from my memory stick.

Kosymodo
Astra Model: '67' 1.4 SRi Nav Auto
Astra Options: Front & rear parking sensors
Astra Colour: Darkmoon Blue

Post by Kosymodo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Vayerr wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:43 pm
Nome of those options. I use YouTube Vanced. It's basically YouTube without adverts which also lets you lock the screen without pausing the video/sound.

By far the best option for me. YouTube is free and has everything you want, can't say the same about Spotify or Amazon. Tried them and a lot of songs are unavailable or are only available not as original but edit versions.

I'm working on an old school way to listen to music as well - download a bunch of songs and throw them onto USB stick. Got about 400 songs out of approx 2000 downloaded, edited and re-named/organised so far.
Bit off-topic, but is YouTube Vanced Android-only?

Turbo Nut

Post by Turbo Nut » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:12 pm

EvilScotsman wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm
Shame there is no option for off a USB stick in the Centre console as this is how I listen to my music whilst in the car.
That is amazing. I didn't realise I could do that although it is obvious now.

Can't wait to make a stick up

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:26 am

Kcirtap wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:09 pm
YouTube costs money - you pay or watch the adverts.
YouTube Vanced is an non official app which has a built in adblocker to allow you to get YouTube premium features.

So you can’t compare it to Apple Music or Spotify - your better comparing it to limewire or Pirate bay as none of the artist get any money from it…

I personally use Apple Music on CarPlay.
Sorry but not sorry, we have youtube vanced on all android devices.

Youtube is really wasteful, if you just want to listen to music, you still have to have the screen on at all times or the music stops. Imagine how much Co2 is created just to make the power needed to have all of those screens on, alle the time.

If youtube made it possible to listen to music with the screen off, and then they played the ads....Maybe even "screen off, radiostation style ads", i would return to the normal youtube app, but as long as they dont, i am not sorry that i am "cheating".
Last edited by astraowner on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:29 am

Kosymodo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Bit off-topic, but is YouTube Vanced Android-only?
Youtube vanced has to be "side-loaded". It is not available in the play store for obvious reasons (Google owns youtube).

You go to the youtube vanced website and download an APK (installation file) and install it, and you need to select "Install from unknown sources".

So not available for iphone....As you generally can not install any apps that are not in the store.

One of the many advantages of having a phone with an OS, where you decide what you want to do :D :D :D
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:32 am

Personally i use FM for shorter trips, and android auto for longer trips.

Android auto, usually plays stations from "Tunein radio" app or my cellphone providers own music streaming service (Spotify style app) as this is included "free" as a part of the phone plan the company i work for has bought for me.

Gareth d

Post by Gareth d » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:07 am

download an app called radio garden and you can get all internet and most dab stations to your phone then Bluetooth to car, literally thousands of stations to pick from

Fif000

Post by Fif000 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:23 pm

I like podcasts. I get to learn new stuff and most of it just listening in to pple conversation

Shaky
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Options: Agr Drivers Seat, Ilux lights, Parking Sensors,
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver OP189

Post by Shaky » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:49 pm

I must be getting (got ? :shock: ) old :lol: Only ever have the dab on R2........unless Vanessa Feltz (aka motor-mouth) is standing in for Jeremy Vine when I check out a local station. :mrgreen:

All this talk of streaming/android auto etc. I tried a couple of times with phone (A Samsung S5) to get Android Auto working (it wouldn't :D ) then I thought to myself that I don't even use the built-in Sat-Nav as I've always got my trusty AA road map in the back so decided not to bother trying any more as I couldn't be arsed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mods - Bonnet Struts, 2nd boot light, Glovebox Light, Footwell Light (All LED) Fr & R Dashcams, Detachable Towbar with Battery Charging, 17" Alloy Spare.
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is..............Hmmmm Doughnuts.