Costco Petrol

The place to discuss everything else..
Lock-N
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T SRI
Astra Colour: Power Red

Costco Petrol

Post by Lock-N » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Now open in Edinburgh Costco Petrol Station.Selling 3 fuels Unleded Super Unleded & Diesel.I only know the Super unleded is 97 RON and is £1.14 a liter.Can any one say if this is a good price for 97 RON Petrol as I never check what I pay for BP Ultimate.I just fill up as I know it’s 97R

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Costco Petrol

Post by Scotty_b » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Ultimate is around the 1.25 mark usually.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 pm

i phoned Costco the other day about there fuel.Ie what they will be selling and was told Super unleaded 97R.Todsy I went there to fill up and found out there super Unleded is 99R £1.14.9 a litre so filled up 42 Litres and within a mile or so I noticed a big improvement in performance and seems a bit smoother.Could be just my imagination as I already thought it run great.But I really do feel a difference So for now Costco will be my regular fill up station and for the price.Dont think any other petrol station in my area can beat £1.14.9 a litre for Super Unleaded
If anyone knows of cheeper fuel Please let us all know.There unleaded is selling for £1.11.9 Don’t know there Diesel price but I’ll fine out next week and update the price Hear

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:19 pm

I think the Super unleaded is well worth it for a high powered SIDI petrol turbo engine, whatever the price (No ethanol - 100% petrol).

It's £1.29 from our local Shell garage. £1.14 is a steal.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights

Post by cooldad » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:20 pm

That is a good price. However, I worry about the additives (or lack of them) in supermarket fuel. :?

Quoting my 'previous life' as an oils and fuels chemist, I know Shell 'V-Power', BP 'Ultimate' and Esso 'Synergy' fuels have cleansing agents, lubricity additives, etc, etc, which all help to keep your engine clean and burn more efficiently. I always try and buy Shell 'V-Power' because it's the only branded petrol that is rated at 98 RON (recommended for my engine - BP and Esso are rated at 97 RON). I steer well clear of supermarket fuels, even the 'Super' unleaded versions, and especially the Tesco Momentum 99 RON!
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Totally with you on the use of Shell V-power petrol, Cooldad.

I recon it gives ~10 - 15 % more power - or that in mileage, it you don't push it.

It also helps the engine to last longer - I never used anything else on my early DISI petrol turbo engined car and it never had any problems.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Think I'll try a few tanks of V Power as I only use standatd 95 ron BP. I found the BP Ultimate 97 made the car feel laggy compared to the 95.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.

cooldad

Post by cooldad » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 pm
Totally with you on the use of Shell V-power petrol, Cooldad.

I recon it gives ~10 - 15 % more power - or that in mileage, it you don't push it.

It also helps the engine to last longer - I never used anything else on my early DISI petrol turbo engined car and it never had any problems.
Yep, I'd overlooked the economy / performance advantages of the Shell product. The power increase is only perceived, I suppose, but it certainly feels better than when I use either 'Synergy' or 'Ultimate'. I do have evidence of the fuel consumption being better, however!!

These advantages aren't quite offset by the price premium on the fuel, but it's comforting to know that I get more 'oomph' out of the engine and it stays clean!
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

cooldad

Post by cooldad » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Scotty_b wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 pm
Think I'll try a few tanks of V Power as I only use standatd 95 ron BP. I found the BP Ultimate 97 made the car feel laggy compared to the 95.
Yeah, mate, like I said in my response to Finston, I reckon 'V-Power' is the nuts and I notice the improvement compared to the BP and Esso 'equivalents'.

Although Vauxhall only recommend 98 RON for the 1.6T, I'm sure you'd feel the difference, and that goes for all petrol engines in the range.

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Costco fuel price this week
Unleaded £1.11.9
Super Unleaded £1.13.9
Diesel £1.11.9
And I was reading some reviews on there fuel from user in England.That Costco use all the same cleaning agents as BP & Shell.But I’ll try and get a leaflet on there fuels just to make sure
Please not .You have to have a membership and all it’s all self service. Just thought I’d let members in the Edinburgh Area Know and if you know someone with a membership card.You can use it as no one can check it’s your picture on the card

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”