P S A Group

The place to discuss everything else..
otj
Astra Model: Sports Tourer 1.4T M6 Innovation (Elite Nav)
Astra Options: AGR+leather+iLux+Nav (all except sunroof)
Astra Colour: Summit white

Re: P S A Group

Post by otj » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm

But think Nissan for example. It was a Japanese brand, now owned by the French (Renault) and it still has a good and strong reputation. Qashqai has been a really successful model and it's based on Renault technology, shares parts with Renault Kadjar and Romanian Dacia Duster.

Why couldn't this happen with Opel/VX, maybe people will still see them as German/British brands, like they think that Nissan is Japanese. We'll see, the new Grandland X has gained a lot of positive reviews, that's a glimpse of Opel's/VX's future, although future models will probably have even more PSA parts than Grandland X.
Opel Astra Sports Tourer Innovation (Elite) 1.4T M6, Summit White.

Ordered: Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer Innovation 1.6 CDTI A6, Abalone white, AGR premium

Old: Astra J Sports Tourer Sport (SRi) 1.4T M6 2013

Steve
Astra Model: 1.4 150PS Enjoy (Danish spec), Hatch, 16.5
Astra Options: Factory: Tint, climate, LED tail, fogs, armrest
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Steve » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure Nissan is still a Japanese company, they just do a lot of parts sharing and so on with Renault.
ImageImage Astra K 1.4T 150 PS hatch, manual

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Post by Alpa-Chino » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Yes. Nissan and Renault share tech - for example engines. Renault does not own Nissan, but it owns Dacia.
As for PSA owning Opel/Vaux - iy is not THAT bad thing, new DS range is quite luxurious, but I think in terms of the platform refinement they are still behind GM - their cars are still heavy and while being very comfy, does not drive well at all.
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

Lock-N
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T SRI

Post by Lock-N » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Talking about Sharing What about the vans Renault Nissan V/Hall I’m sure these are all based on the same model.Just a different badge They all look the same but I’m not 100% sure on that.

otj
Astra Model: Sports Tourer 1.4T M6 Innovation (Elite Nav)
Astra Options: AGR+leather+iLux+Nav (all except sunroof)
Astra Colour: Summit white

Post by otj » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

I checked and Renault-Nissan is an alliance and Renault does not own Nissan, but 44,3 % of its shares.

Still, Nissan Qashqai and other models targeted for European buyers rely heavy on Renault technology. Drivetrains etc. are from Renault. Qashqai is more Renault than Nissan.
Opel Astra Sports Tourer Innovation (Elite) 1.4T M6, Summit White.

Ordered: Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer Innovation 1.6 CDTI A6, Abalone white, AGR premium

Old: Astra J Sports Tourer Sport (SRi) 1.4T M6 2013

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm

More likely that new Citroens/Pugs will use the lighter astra k platform.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong.But do all the vans .Nissan Renault & Vauxhall All have the same body’s and parts ect.Its just they all look the same.But I’m not sure what is what with them.But if I’m correct then they must all share parts etc.So if buying a Vauxhall.Then your getting a Heinz 57

loyalbear1872

Post by loyalbear1872 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Do you think PSA will ditch the proposed GSI Astra ?....... waiting for this car so much, looking for it to match the Golf gti, Focus st, Octavia vrs

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Would love the GSI to be launched.And wouldn’t care who made it.The old GSI models are still widely remembered and a lot of folk still talk about them.And if they released the car that’s been talked about.Then the Golf gti ect would have a real competitor.Vauxhall will have to produce a car for when the VXR model comes to an end.So will have to wait and see what happens Just imagine a 280bhp GSI

loyalbear1872

Post by loyalbear1872 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:31 am

Going by the new Crossland and Grandland which use PSA engines do you think a GSI Astra will use a PSA power plant ? they could make it 270 same as 308 GTI,.......... or the 256 from the insignia GSI ....... bearing in mind golf gti, occy vrs are at 245 and the new focus will put out 275 :)

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”