P S A Group

The place to discuss everything else..
Lock-N
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T SRI
Astra Colour: Power Red

P S A Group

Post by Lock-N » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 pm

That the new owners of Vauxhall started there cuts.2018 they are getting rid of worker at Ellsmere Port. 400 Worker to go.Just the start They say sales are down.
Now Vauxhall are in the hands of the French.Its just a matter of time before Ellsmere Port closes because P S A are talking about a new Astra for 2020s and hope Ellsmere Port can win the contract to produce this new model.This says it’s on the way out so when I’m due to replace my car.I can’t see it being a Vauxhall.
I seen a post on Hear a while back and some other members are thinking on the same lines.Buying another Brand
Last edited by Lock-N on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: P S G Group

Post by AdieMcc » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:19 pm

I couldn’t imagine a French Vauxhall.
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

astramaster

Post by astramaster » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Not PSG. It's PSA !

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Neymar building cars now? Lol

Cant see a problem with it to be honest with regards the cars. However I fear for British jobs.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.

Lock-N

Re: P S A Group

Post by Lock-N » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:03 pm

I’m needing new.But the wife says it’s an age thing and should Sleep more at night lol

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Post by Alpa-Chino » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:49 pm

Does it matter? Vaux is just a trademark. Was stuck to GM platform, now will be stuck to PSA. I am worry though, that it will be built outside of UK.
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 am

I don't think they change the Astra so soon. Peugeot and Citroen cars are ugly. If worst come to worst I buy a rs ford and taking my matrix lights with me :lol: But on a serious note I think this is all to with eu. No deal better then a bad deal ms may is a dead woman walking :oops:

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:09 am

Can imagine the new Astra in the 2020s Citroen Front Peugeot Rear And middle.section Vauxhall.Can see all there cheep parts making there way on yo Vauxhall cars My next car ? Might have to keep this one at my age But I’ll be watching what’s going on with Vauxhall as I never keep A car longer than 2 years

otj
Astra Model: Sports Tourer 1.4T M6 Innovation (Elite Nav)
Astra Options: AGR+leather+iLux+Nav (all except sunroof)
Astra Colour: Summit white

Post by otj » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm

It would be a stupid move to change the Astra platform so soon. The car has sold well and gained a lot of positive reviews and is the car of the year 2016. I think it will continue its production to maybe 2021-2022.

Ellesmere Port is another thing. There's a cloud of uncertainity hanging over UK, what kind of economical and political changes are going to happen, will there be tax barriers etc. In this situation it is easy to imagine that the French see France or Germany as a more stabile environment for investments.
Opel Astra Sports Tourer Innovation (Elite) 1.4T M6, Summit White.

Ordered: Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer Innovation 1.6 CDTI A6, Abalone white, AGR premium

Old: Astra J Sports Tourer Sport (SRi) 1.4T M6 2013

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 pm

I also think I will be swapping brands next time.

Where to go though?

Well, I would buy a petrol DISI turbo Edison 2, if they only ever got it to market and available to buy in the UK (It's the American winner of theX prize some years ago) - truly lightweight, superb handling and acceleration and with fantastic economy for a four seater (~120 mpg) - perhaps Dyson can have a go!

If you believe JD Power go east young man - by for the most reliable brands apart from Skoda.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”