Leather Seat Covers

The place to discuss everything else..
EvilScotsman
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 SRI Nav
Astra Options: 18' Bi-Colour Alloys, Winter Pack, Privacy Tints
Astra Colour: Power Red

Leather Seat Covers

Post by EvilScotsman » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:46 am

Tad bit of a odd question this but curious about it otherwise.

Choose against getting leather seats in my SRI when I ordered it because I didn't like the leather seats I sat in when I test drove a Elite Astra but now been wondering about getting some "leather" added into the car. Been doing a bit of searching around and it looks like you can get some custom made "Leather" like seat covers made to fit onto the seats. Looks like some people have already had it done to their Opel Astra Ks' and looks pretty good to boot.

Couple things that concerns me me though is that I have the ergonomic seats in my K along with them also being heated so I'm wondering how they might work with "Leather" like seat covers.

Also, has anyone had custom seat covers fitted to their cars before? Are they any good.

One site I'm looking at is http://carseatcovers-albert.co.uk as they have done a Opel Astra K before by the looks of it.
Astra 1.6 SRi Nav Turbo 200PS, Power Red.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.

JJ-Yorks
Astra Model: 5-door SRi 1.0Turbo

Re: Leather Seat Covers

Post by JJ-Yorks » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Depends how much you are paying for them? Have you had a price? Maybe best to wait till an elite becomes available at a scrap yard and fit the genuine article
1.0Turbo Power Red (130PS/205Nm Torque coming soon :D )

EvilScotsman

Post by EvilScotsman » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:52 pm

JJ-Yorks wrote:Depends how much you are paying for them? Have you had a price? Maybe best to wait till an elite becomes available at a scrap yard and fit the genuine article
Quote I got from the site above was for £465 for all five seat in full leatherette.
18" bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, parking pack sensors, privacy glass, ergonomic seats, mud-flaps, S/S pedals, S/S door sills.

andrewn

Post by andrewn » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi Evil,

Did you get the leather covers fitted? I'm thinking of something similar for my 1.6T.

Thanks

Nick

EvilScotsman

Post by EvilScotsman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:13 pm

andrewn wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 pm
Hi Evil,

Did you get the leather covers fitted? I'm thinking of something similar for my 1.6T.

Thanks

Nick
Haven't bothered to be honest, wasn't sure if it would be worthwhile to do as I have the heated/ Ergonomic seats fitted to my Astra and I wasn't too sure how the covering would work with the knee support and heating elements.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”