Valer
Astra Model: 2019 1.0 T SRi Nav Hatch
Astra Colour: Mineral Black GB9

Re: Astra L thoughts?

Post by Valer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:03 am

Boroboy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:05 pm
Found this pic.

Initially I didn't like it but....it's growing on me. This can happen, it's better for me not to like something first, to then let it grow on me, rather than like something initially, to dislike it later.
mmm i don't dislike the look of that,not a night and day transformation from the K,
mind you the white one with a black bonnet just looks like a taxi to my eyes,and i agree the red moulding looks awful.
Astra Sri 1.0t Hatch,Astra SRi 1.6t Tourer
Diagnostic kit.Opcom 2020,Mongoose pro GM2 running 2020 GDS2

Kosymodo
Astra Model: '67' 1.4 SRi Nav Auto
Astra Options: Front & rear parking sensors
Astra Colour: Darkmoon Blue

Post by Kosymodo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:28 am

These look like 2 completely different cars to my eyes... I'd assume that the car depicted in the pics kamalagi posted would be the actual look of the new model, keeping in with the Mokka look. Perhaps the car depicted in Boroboy's post was just a stylised version of the K, as it looks too similar to the K to be the new model IMO.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 am

New Grandland revealed today with similar new look:

NEWVAUXHALLGRANDLANDARRIVESWITHBOLDDESIGN,DIGITALCOCKPITANDHIGHLEVELSOFTECHNOLOGY(6).jpg

NEWVAUXHALLGRANDLANDARRIVESWITHBOLDDESIGN,DIGITALCOCKPITANDHIGHLEVELSOFTECHNOLOGY(8).jpg

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 am

Kosymodo wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:28 am
These look like 2 completely different cars to my eyes... I'd assume that the car depicted in the pics kamalagi posted would be the actual look of the new model, keeping in with the Mokka look. Perhaps the car depicted in Boroboy's post was just a stylised version of the K, as it looks too similar to the K to be the new model IMO.
Neither are official pics, just renderings.

Kosymodo
Astra Model: '67' 1.4 SRi Nav Auto
Astra Options: Front & rear parking sensors
Astra Colour: Darkmoon Blue

Post by Kosymodo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:32 am

Rob wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 am
Neither are official pics, just renderings.
Agreed, but the camo pics are presumably pics of some kind of official test version, which, when rendered to remove the camo, would be very similar to kamalaggi's pics I reckon.

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Boroboy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:55 am

If Stellantis do make a 3dr coupe version of the Astra L, I doubt they'd make money on it, as not many people would want to buy a medium 3dr car. Just like the 3dr Astra J, didn't make money. Heavier depreciation too.
I'd presume all should be available within the fully elec version too. If they want to keep ahead of the game. A 5 to 7 year manufacturers warranty as standard would help too, but I doubt that would happen. To try and retain customer loyalty. Unless customers opinions don't count these days? There again if most customers get them on lease or PCP, does it really matter? If they're moving on after 3 years from new, anyway. Then they'd be moving onto the used car market, anyway. I'm sure I read somewhere that the newer EV Corsas have an 8 year warranty on their batteries, so where there's a will there's a way.

FredOnline
Astra Model: 1.4T 16V 150 SRI 5DR
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by FredOnline » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:13 am

Boroboy wrote:
Found this pic.

Initially I didn't like it but....it's growing on me. This can happen, it's better for me not to like something first, to then let it grow on me, rather than like something initially, to dislike it later.
That little parsons nose between the badge and the number plate looks weird!

Boroboy

Post by Boroboy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:57 am

FredOnline wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:13 am
Boroboy wrote:
Found this pic.

That little parsons nose between the badge and the number plate looks weird!
Agree, looks a bit like an Alfa.
All part of the same group now you know :lol:
Although the Alfa would be the other way up, down :lol:

FredOnline
Astra Model: 1.4T 16V 150 SRI 5DR
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by FredOnline » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:36 am

Boroboy wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 am
kamalaggi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:27 am
Found these pics on a website.

BB1eIm8E.jpeg2022-opel-astra-spy-photo (1).jpg
I don't mind the black over white, not keen on the red as well though. Bit like the chrome over the window glass on the K, which I also don't like, prefer it in black.
I imagine the black bonnet and roof will make for a hot environment in the car in the summer, I prefer all lighter colours as I think they show the lines of a car better.

And I like chrome bits, because I'm an old timer!

Boroboy

Post by Boroboy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:01 pm

FredOnline wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:36 am
Boroboy wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 am
kamalaggi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:27 am
Found these pics on a website.

BB1eIm8E.jpeg2022-opel-astra-spy-photo (1).jpg
I don't mind the black over white, not keen on the red as well though. Bit like the chrome over the window glass on the K, which I also don't like, prefer it in black.
I imagine the black bonnet and roof will make for a hot environment in the car in the summer, I prefer all lighter colours as I think they show the lines of a car better.

And I like chrome bits, because I'm an old timer!
I actually like the look of the colour black, but it never stays clean and there's a lot of maintenance involved to keeping it clean.
I don't like chrome on most cars now, should have discontinued the chrome look after the Astra J.
I'm also fairly old😂(50 up).