New Car

The place to discuss everything else..
Vayerr
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6 CDTi S/S (136bhp) Hatchback
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

New Car

Post by Vayerr » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Hello everyone,

In June I have decided to swap my beloved 2016 Astra SRi Nav for a Ford Focus 2019 Estate full of kit. It is a lovely car and at times I have missed my Astra but Focus has served me well.

Unfortunately 3 weeks ago some jackass caused an accident, thinking he can drive however he wants and my Focus is a write off.

Im thinking of going back to Vauxhall, but having experience heated steering wheel, seats and windscreen (something I used a lot in my 2015 Corsa in the past) - I am looking to move away from the Astra and I'm considering either Insignia or Grandland X.

I've found a lovely new shape Insignia Estate Country Tourer (4x4) but also a very nice Grandland X. Both have low mileage and similar price +- £1000.

What are your thoughts on them 2? What would you choose/avoid and why?
- Peugeot 206 Verve, 1.4 Petrol 2006
- Vx Corsa E Limited Edition, 3dr, 1.4 Petrol (90bhp) 2015
- Vx Astra K SRi Nav, 1.6 CDTi (136bhp) 2016
- Ford Focus ST-Line X, Estate, 1.5 EcoBlue (120bhp) 2019
- Vx Grandland X, 1.5 TurboD (130bhp) 2018 *Current*

Steve
Astra Model: 1.4 150PS Enjoy (Danish spec), Hatch, 16.5
Astra Options: Factory: Tint, climate, LED tail, fogs, armrest
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: New Car

Post by Steve » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:58 am

I'd personally have a good long hard look at them both and see which one worked for my needs, but I'd incline towards the 'real' Opel (Insignia), it being a GM car as opposed to PSA
ImageImage Astra K 1.4T 150 PS hatch, manual

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:51 pm

The new shape Insignia Estate Country Tourer (4x4) are as rare as hen's teeth - probably a good bet as a keeper, especially if it had the 1.6 turbo petrol engine.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Quakeplayer

Post by Quakeplayer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:29 pm

That's a crazy coincidence - my Astra Elite ST was written off last year by some tool not paying attention and I've replaced it with a Focus ST Line X estate!

Can't really help you with your choice though, I'm not going back to Vauxhall after the PSA/Onstar situation, but out of the two you mention I'd rather have the Insignia.

Quakeplayer.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:17 pm

Why not track down an Astra ST with the 1.6T engine it? Get an Elite or SRi with the Winter Pack and you get heated seats and steering wheel. Have to say, I've loved having the heated seats and wheel in the recent cold weather! :)

Of the two you suggested, it'd have to be the Insignia. GM build and engine.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Pompeydave » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:49 pm

I guess it's a diesel in both models you are looking at ? I rather like the grandland X but only has a small 1.2t petrol engine but does put out 130hp. I think the 1.5 diesel might be slightly better.Small / medium suv's are really popular at the moment and that's the way I would go.