Phone settings (Bluetooth)

The place to discuss everything else..
poolielad

Phone settings (Bluetooth)

Post by poolielad » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Hello everyone.

I have just bought a 2011 Astra 1.4l 16V Exclusive.

I am trying to connect my phone to Bluetooth, when I press the config button their is no hone settings/Bluetooth settings in the list!!! Could someone please tell me how I connect to my phone???

Thank You.

pepe

Re: Phone settings (Bluetooth)

Post by pepe » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:30 pm

In the Astra J until the facelift the Bluetooth module was optional. Most original buyers did not spec this option. So the menu is there, but will always tell you no phone is available.

poolielad

Post by poolielad » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply....On the Menu it dosent mention a phone/bluetooth at all...It as vehicle settings and a couple of others!!! But it as the bluetooth button on the steering wheel and the phone button on the radio/dashboard!!!

pepe

Post by pepe » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Yeah it is a bit confusing. I had a 2010 J with steering wheel buttons, the radio button and even a settings menu as well, but after opening the dash I found out there was no Bluetooth module. If present it is mounted behind the climate control buttons, just above the cubby hole.
It is not that if buttons are present you have the module, quite strange. One early models a retrofit is easily possible, but quite soon after it required coding by vauxhall.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:11 am

pepe wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm
Yeah it is a bit confusing. I had a 2010 J with steering wheel buttons, the radio button and even a settings menu as well, but after opening the dash I found out there was no Bluetooth module. If present it is mounted behind the climate control buttons, just above the cubby hole.
It is not that if buttons are present you have the module, quite strange. One early models a retrofit is easily possible, but quite soon after it required coding by vauxhall.
I had a 2008 Zafira that i retrofitted a bluetooth module into, even then, the module needed coding.

Not necessarily by vauxhall, but you did need to marry up the bluetooth module to the radio and display, and do a few settings. Also the radio and the display needed to know that a bluetooth module was present.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

poolielad

Post by poolielad » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Thanks for the help with that one, so it seems their is no bluetooth....
Can you please help me with this one, the tripometer!!!!

How do I get the fuel consumption, miles remaining etc etc to dispay??

I have pressed the menu button. turn the thing and I can get menu 1, 2 and 3....But the menus don`t have any info in them..... Do I need to do something else to get this info...all seems very confusing!!!

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:11 pm

I can not give a definitive answer but you probably dont have the BC function enabled. (Board Computer)

Vauxhall has this stupid idea that some software-only items should not be enabled on all models and specs.

On my Zafira B, it was not enabled, and i had to change an index code for it to show. Probably not as easy on the Astra J though.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

pepe

Post by pepe » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Can you take a picture of your bcm, that will help telling what is possible and what not.

poolielad

Post by poolielad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi, what is the BCM please??

pepe

Post by pepe » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:53 pm

A picture of your instrument cluster that would be.