Astra L thoughts?

The place to discuss everything else..
astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: Astra L thoughts?

Post by astraowner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:31 pm

mrtailorson_ wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 am
astraowner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 am

I cant imagine ever owning a french car, so my next car is probably gonna be something else.
what are you a car racist? :D
No, im just simply realistic

Actually never owned a french car, but my dad has had 2 and both were riddled with problems.

Also, only a french car would be able to do this.

www.facebook.com/OriginalCarSociety/vid ... tn-str=k*F
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Steve
Astra Model: 1.4 150PS Enjoy (Danish spec), Hatch, 16.5
Astra Options: Factory: Tint, climate, LED tail, fogs, armrest
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Steve » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:09 pm

astraowner wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 am
I cant imagine ever owning a french car, so my next car is probably gonna be something else.
ImageImage Astra K 1.4T 150 PS hatch, manual

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.0t SRI.
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by Boroboy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:12 pm

We'll have to see what it looks like, go from there. Not forgetting the crossover type cars seem to be becoming more fashionable now. I tend just to buy what I fancy. I'm happy with my K now. Cheap to run, tax and insure, has enough power for me. Plenty of room, especially rear leg room. Lighter and shorter than my previous J. I'm not keen on the look of the 308, compared to my Astra either. No doubt in the future both cars would share platforms.
If the Astra L does have some petrol engines, not just in hybrid and electric, I'd like to see a higher bhp auto 1.0t version.
Astra 1.0t SRI.

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm

I wonder what will happen to the good looks that the Astra K has - I suspect that they will be lost judging by what the new Corsa is going to look like.

Packaging should still be good as PSA share Opel/Vx's Cab forward design philosophy - think Jag i-Pace.

I think that Opel are developing PSA's new 1.6 petrol turbo engne - so there is some hope here.

I think that I will stay with my "K" until it becomes unreliable and then go back to Japanese cars - Mazda or Toyota
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

loonybin
Astra Model: sri 1.6 cdti
Astra Options: intellilux headlights & parking pack
Astra Colour: flip chip silver

Post by loonybin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

driven vauxhall for over 40 years, but sadly this is my last one, i have worked on french cars in the past and they were crap, it looks like german for me next.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Skyrimmer wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:52 pm
Would love to see a 3 door version of the Astra again. Loved the look of my old Astra GTC.
Yep, a 3 door would've looked fabulous. Personally, I preferred the Sport Hatch but they say that there's no market for 3 door coupes anymore. Then again, they said the same thing until the Sport Hatch caused Clarkson to eat his own hair...! :)

Unfortunately we seem to be drowning in hideous crossovers these days!
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

ms5keroid
Astra Model: K
Astra Options: Dynamic
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by ms5keroid » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 pm

I most likely wouldn't buy the next Astra, not because of PSA or anything but simply because I think by then it'll be time for something... bigger. I really like the Grandland X but I've heard so many bad things about it so far that I'm probably going to end up with some other brand, something like Mazda CX-5 would be nice if I could afford it in a few years.

I am, however, really interested to see how Astra L will look like, they really nailed it with K and it'll be hard to beat IMO.
1.4T 150PS, Deep Sky Blue Dynamic (UK SRi Nav) w/ IntelliLux LED. Ordered Jan 27th, Arrived Mar 15th, Collected Apr 4th 2017

AC2019
Astra Model: Astra SRi NAV 1.6 CDTI (136)
Astra Options: 18" Bi-Colour Alloys, Driving Asistance Pack.
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by AC2019 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:29 am

You say that, but it terms of reliability I dont think Peugeot are even that bad. My dad had a 307 SW 1.6 petrol for 8years. Had everything spec wise( climate control, folding mirrors, glass roof, automatic lighting/wiping. No issues at all, other than one rear light that kept dying. He did 190,000 miles on original clutch. He didn't want to get rid of it it served him really well. But he had a 406 in past that was shit.
In terms of electronics, most of it is supplied by Bosch, just like Vauxhall and BMW. They have moved on from French electronics, talking 25years now.
I think Peugeot are making some really neat cars at the moment such as 308, 3008 and 508.
In terms of the future, I hope Vauxhall get more of the interior comforts Pug offer. The current Astra is too conservative I think. Inject a bit of madness at least for character.
I do definitely think, mild hybrids and electrification will be offered. As the next gen Pug 208, which looks decent, will be offered with 250miles range full electrification by 2020(next year) and made affordable, so from that, the Corsa will get the same, and the Astra, and insignia etc.

We can only guess! I just wish they will keep diesels, as from where I'm sitting, my Astra is mint on fuel (63mpg, 620miles) and it's going to be a while for a electric car to get the same level of range!
Vx Astra SRi NAV 1.6 CDTi (136). Summit white. 18" Bi-Colour Alloys, Driving Assitance Pack. Light and Sight Pack. Plated 2016. Owner for 2years. Mileage (25k/yr)

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”