P S A Group

The place to discuss everything else..
Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: P S A Group

Post by Ivanzu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm

They can't use PSA engines, because Astra uses different chassis.

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Post by Alpa-Chino » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Yes, it's a tricky one. They most probably won't be able to use cureent platform as it's owned by GM. God it's a mess, isn't it?
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

chrism40
Astra Model: SRI 1.4T 150 VX-Line
Astra Colour: white

Post by chrism40 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 pm

PSA cars have a pretty poor reputation for reliability and quality, its also a shame that their handling prowess of the past is now a long distant memory.
Ultimately it depends where Vauxhall/opel is positioned in the brand. Citroens are soft and vague, Peugeot ( and the DS to some extent) are (supposedly) more dynamic, so do they position Vauxhall in between or something else.

The problem I have is that modern PSA cars are just big French flounces, soft, dull, pudgy. Hopefully Vauxhall will be allowed to make something a little more British and smarter, and allowed to improve the dynamics. The reliability may be a problem if they aren't given freedom.

In the short term the current cars will continue as they are, technology and IP will be used under license as often happens when cars transfer owners (see Volvo, MG Rover, Land Rover, Jaguar).

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 am

Sorry to post a duplicate, but there is more interest here.

Vauxhall and Opel CEO Michael Lohscheller has to present a viable turnaround plan in November to Carlos Tavares, Chairman of PSA - Thinking about it, if I were Michael, I would point out/suggest to PSA:

Vauxhall came sixth out of 25 in the UK 2017 JD Power Vehicle Dependability Survey - just behind Toyota - justifying Vauxhall/Opel as the lead quality branch of PSA.

Vauxhall/Opel will be in a unique position after Brexit giving it internal and exporting flexibility, whatever the outcome.

Look at the success of the Geely backed success of Volvo in recent years - Volvo being based outside the EU.

Point out the SAIC content in and relationship with Vauxhall/Opel products and engines.

Put forward VX/Opel as a Joint Venture Research / Export division (perhaps even merged with MG) in a PSA / Dongfeng / SAIC partnership.

Offer the VX/Opel distributors as an outlet for Dongfeng / SAIC products, like the SAIC Roewe RX5 - the world's first Internet connected car.

Quietly address the issues in my first posting and work on a persuasive advertising campaign - perhaps not focussed on football.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

loyalbear1872

Post by loyalbear1872 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am

Ivanzu wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm
They can't use PSA engines, because Astra uses different chassis.
Thank you Ivanzu, would the 2.0 ltr from the Insignia fit into the Astra chassis or would they have to increase the power in the current 1.6 200 ?

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm

I see from Auto Express that PSA are seemingly said to be chasing GM for a refund of nearly half of what they paid for Opel/Vauxhall - ostensibly for being misled over Opel's emissions policy.

I wonder if royalties for lightweight construction technology, powerful GM engines and access the SAIC parts bin has something to do with it?
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”