SwissTJ

MY17 changes announced

Post by SwissTJ » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:50 am

MY17 - New Astra HB5 & Sports Tourer Changes

• Power Red replaced by new exterior colour Lava Red
• Carbon Flash replaced by new exterior colour Mineral Black
• Asteroid Grey replaced by new exterior colour Cosmic Grey
• Hatch - Energy models - Royal Blue now available as an option
• Tech Line, SRi Nav, Elite Nav and optional Navi 900 now get Android Auto smartphone interface as standard as well as Apple Carplay
• All models - USB & Aux in port replaced by 2.1 USB port, which provides quicker charging. Aux in port is no longer available.
• SRi Nav & Elite Nav models now get colour coded shark fin aerial
• All models - interior tailgate cover no longer two tone, it is now all Jet Black
• Tech Line models & optional Navi 900 on Design & Energy models - instrument cluster with colour display replaced by monochrome display
• Elite models - Leather trim - piping on seat bolsters replaced with decorative stitching
• Elite models - Leather seat pack introduced, this means that Elite models no longer get driver's & passenger's front seat cushion extensions or driver's & passenger's front seat tilt adjustment. Therefore, the seats no longer receive AGR certification. New Driver's & Passenger's Ergonomic Sport Seat Pack introduced as an option, this adds seat tilt and front cushion extensions on both the front driver's and passenger's seats to achieve the AGR certification. Optional Power Front Driver's Seat now only available in conjunction with Driver's & Passenger's Ergonomic Sport Seat Pack

Options
• SRi models - 18" alloy wheel with five twin spoke design introduced as an option, (N/A with 1.4 (100PS), 1.0 (105PS) & 1.6 (110PS) ecoFLEX engines)
• SRi models - optional Keyless Entry & Start no longer adds parking brake electrically operated
• SRi & Elite models - optional Keyless Entry & Start door handles will move from grained buttons to chrome buttons and the buttons will only be available on the two front doors
Views are my own

mribeiro

Re: MY17 changes announced

Post by mribeiro » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:59 am

• Tech Line models & optional Navi 900 on Design & Energy models - instrument cluster with colour display replaced by monochrome display
That's a bad downgrade I'd say :(

M1chaelR

Post by M1chaelR » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 am

USB 2.1 looks a nice upgrade. Not sure what the two tone tailgate cover is though?

Jack_Croxall
Astra Model: Mk5 TwinTop 1.9 16v 150
Astra Options: Keyless
Astra Colour: Black

Post by Jack_Croxall » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Could we retro fit the 2.1a charger to the my16
1.4T Elite Nav power red parking sensors

otj
Astra Model: Sports Tourer 1.4T M6 Innovation (Elite Nav)
Astra Options: AGR+leather+iLux+Nav (all except sunroof)
Astra Colour: Summit white

Post by otj » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:37 pm

And the cost savings and downgrading begins... Or continues the tradition of MY16.5 changes.

Only upgrades seems to be the new exterior colour options and the USB 2.1 socket (but which means also the removal of aux-in).

It's yet unknown, how this will affect Opel models, colours will of course be the same, but will the changes mean poorer seats etc.
Opel Astra Sports Tourer Innovation (Elite) 1.4T M6, Summit White.

Ordered: Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer Innovation 1.6 CDTI A6, Abalone white, AGR premium

Old: Astra J Sports Tourer Sport (SRi) 1.4T M6 2013

mribeiro

Post by mribeiro » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Just hope that innovation keeps the colored display...

Kristis
Astra Model: 1.4T/150hp/Innovation
Astra Options: All possible options except sun roof
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Kristis » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:01 am

It should ;) I think Opel wants to separate the lines more, thats why they are cost cutting the lesser lines to make Innovation line more exclusive :)

I also think that Opel might want to start making profit, since the Astra is one of the cheapest car in its class and even cheaper then KIA CEED (26150eur) and at the same price level as Toyota Auris hybrid (full spec Astra is 25095eur, while full spec Auris hybrid is 25200eur)
'16 Opel Astra 1.4T/150hp/RED/Innovation

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 am

I got a sneaky feeling that the new lava red is the same colour as the Astra brochure sound nice and dark. Couple of dealership or unsure of auto android update so I'm gonna wait a fews months until they know exactly what they doing. Be interesting to see the new red

SwissTJ

Post by SwissTJ » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:31 am

I wouldn't hold your breath... most likely the same colour with a new name, as usual.
Views are my own

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Paulch » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:56 am

PACMANIA wrote:I got a sneaky feeling that the new lava red is the same colour as the Astra brochure sound nice and dark. Couple of dealership or unsure of auto android update so I'm gonna wait a fews months until they know exactly what they doing. Be interesting to see the new red
Hi

That would be annoying as that is the colour I would have preferred but like SwissTJ says its probably the same as Power Red.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.