Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Recall

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Boroboy 
#1 ·
Hello
Today I have got a letter from Opel in Sweden about a recall. The number is E172109770 (21-R-054).
It should be something about updating software to improve the exaust control system. I have a suspiccion that it might have a negative impact om the performance og the car. Something like that have been done to VW, after dieselgate. Does any of forum members have any informations om the recall and which impact it might have on the car. It is and 1.6 cdti engine with 136 HP.

#2 ·
I think THIS might be the reason Splint ?

#3 ·
I'm not expert on emission systems, this looks like vaux are trying to back track, to keep to their originally stated performance emissions levels on this engine. Maybe this is why all these no win no fee type emission claims are doing their rounds around the internet now against certain manufacturers, inc vaux. I doubt having this update done would improve your mpg though. What I have read from Skoda/vw forums is that after some people had their ecu updates done on their cars, to avoid the emission cheat. Their dpf's regenerated more frequently & their mpg was reduced. As far as I know they were not forced into having them done either, up to the individuals. I'd consider whether you want it done & whether your car is still under manufacturers warranty or any future extended warranty too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.