Tyre pressure sensors

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
AndyG

Tyre pressure sensors

Post by AndyG » Mon May 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi, Can someone point me in the right direction for getting a couple tyre pressure sensors. there seems to be such a wide choice varying from $20 to $100, i just want to make sure i get the correct ones so they can be read by the car. I have tried doing a relearn but i don't get a reading from the front 2 wheels so I'm assuming the batteries have gone in the sensors.

Thanks

Valer
Astra Model: 2019 1.0 T SRi Nav Hatch
Astra Colour: Mineral Black GB9

Re: Tyre pressure sensors

Post by Valer » Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm

To be certain of having no problems get a couple of genuine sensors (part no 39186445) these fit cars up to 2020 m/y
there are lots of aftermarket sensors around now as well,not had any experience of using them myself yet but the Autel ones seem ok as they can be cloned to the tpms module,
this thread is worth a read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7525&hilit=tpms
I guess the sensors still don't register after a drive ?
Other than that it may be worth removing the battery earth to try a module re-set just in case.
Astra Sri 1.0t Hatch,Astra SRi 1.6t Tourer
Diagnostic kit.Opcom 2020,Mongoose pro GM2 running 2020 GDS2

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Mon May 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi
If you have no tpms diagnostic tool to interrogate the module via the diagnostic socket, you can't obtain the ID of each sensor it is looking for at each wheel position. Neither can you obtain ID by local trigger of tpms valve as the battery has possibly failed. New sensors tend to come supplied with no ID so they can be cloned or given a new ID by the knowledgeable installer, with a tpms tool.
If you buy the correct sensors of 433Mhz whether oem or aftermarket ones make sure the company can supply them with an ID number ( possible extra cost) then once fitted, relearn them to the car with the cheap Chinese relearn tool. As Valer has said autel are good after market ones and boast extended battery life.
The ID numbers on my astra k are shown in a Hexadecimal format and not a decimal format.

sicka

Post by sicka » Fri May 07, 2021 1:42 pm

Hi.
I recently bought 4 of these: HUF 43473000 - A bit expensive, but they are doing the job.