ABS and traction control light on

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
StageDK
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm

ABS and traction control light on

Post by StageDK » Sun May 02, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi Guys!
Fairly new at this forum, but have been glanced at topics a lot before.

I've had my Astra K Sports Tourer (B16) since 08/19 but have a pretty urgent issue now. The thing is i recently changed brake pads on all 4 wheels and at the first wheel i changed pads on, my mate helped by putting 12v on the brake piston in order to change the pad. Unfortunatly he quickly discovered that he had been feeding 12v to the socket that makes connection to the wheel speed sensor so basicly hes been feeding 12v into the sensor and ALSO in the socket the sensor connects to... no problem i thought, thats fixed by a new sensor, but the problem persist, even aften changing the sensor. I thought it maybe could be a fuse but no fuses seem to been blown. Ive had a tester on to reset the error but it gets back on as soon as it gets cleared. Is there anything else i can do now or do I need to get by the dealership? Lane assist, park assist etc says service, but that makes sense if the ecu cant read the speed of that single tire :-(

Thanks in regards for the help:-)
Last edited by StageDK on Sun May 02, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valer
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:42 pm
Astra Model: 2019 1.0 T SRi Nav Hatch
Astra Colour: Mineral Black GB9

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by Valer » Sun May 02, 2021 5:07 pm

Just to clarify,
this was on the rear on a car with electronic parking brake and he's tried to put it in service mode by feeding 12v to the abs sensor ?
What code(s) are you getting that won't clear ?
Astra Sri 1.0t Hatch,Astra SRi 1.6t Tourer
Diagnostic kit.Opcom 2020,Mongoose pro GM2 running 2020 GDS2

StageDK
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by StageDK » Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 pm

Valer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:07 pm
Just to clarify,
this was on the rear on a car with electronic parking brake and he's tried to put it in service mode by feeding 12v to the abs sensor ?
What code(s) are you getting that won't clear ?
Thats exactly what he did....
Didnt write the precise code down but it said no feed from right rear wheel. Could put the tester back on to get the precise code, but will take me a couple of days to get a hold on it

Valer
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:42 pm
Astra Model: 2019 1.0 T SRi Nav Hatch
Astra Colour: Mineral Black GB9

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by Valer » Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 pm

I wouldn't let him near the car again :roll:
Those are active sensors with a 12v feed returning a square wave signal back to the ebcm,it may be fried.
Not a great deal of suggestions,did you check the 2 large fuses as per the 2nd diagram ?

Untitled picture3.png

Untitled picture5.png

Astra Sri 1.0t Hatch,Astra SRi 1.6t Tourer
Diagnostic kit.Opcom 2020,Mongoose pro GM2 running 2020 GDS2

StageDK
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by StageDK » Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Valer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 pm
I wouldn't let him near the car again :roll:
Those are active sensors with a 12v feed returning a square wave signal back to the ebcm,it may be fried.
Not a great deal of suggestions,did you check the 2 large fuses as per the 2nd diagram ?
Untitled picture3.pngUntitled picture5.png
Exactly! Told him to pay for a new ebcm if thats fried 🤣!
I thought i went through all fuses but ill look at the 40/50A fuses again Just to be sure. If they arent blown, what would be the next step?

astraowner
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by astraowner » Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm

StageDK wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 pm
Valer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 pm
I wouldn't let him near the car again :roll:
Those are active sensors with a 12v feed returning a square wave signal back to the ebcm,it may be fried.
Not a great deal of suggestions,did you check the 2 large fuses as per the 2nd diagram ?
Untitled picture3.pngUntitled picture5.png
Exactly! Told him to pay for a new ebcm if thats fried 🤣!
I thought i went through all fuses but ill look at the 40/50A fuses again Just to be sure. If they arent blown, what would be the next step?
Honestly, if those fuses are blown, i bet what is behind it is also blown.

Sounds like your friend is going to be a very costly person, a new BCM with coding is gonna sting like hell.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

astraowner
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by astraowner » Sun May 02, 2021 5:47 pm

astraowner wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm
StageDK wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 pm
Valer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 pm
I wouldn't let him near the car again :roll:
Those are active sensors with a 12v feed returning a square wave signal back to the ebcm,it may be fried.
Not a great deal of suggestions,did you check the 2 large fuses as per the 2nd diagram ?
Untitled picture3.pngUntitled picture5.png
Exactly! Told him to pay for a new ebcm if thats fried 🤣!
I thought i went through all fuses but ill look at the 40/50A fuses again Just to be sure. If they arent blown, what would be the next step?
Honestly, if those fuses are blown, i bet what is behind it is also blown. (Those fuses are probably to protect from a short, not someone feeding voltage into the system backwards.

Sounds like your friend is going to be a very costly person, a new BCM with coding is gonna sting like hell.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

StageDK
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Re: ABS and tradition control light on

Post by StageDK » Sun May 02, 2021 6:02 pm

astraowner wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:47 pm
astraowner wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm
StageDK wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 pm


Exactly! Told him to pay for a new ebcm if thats fried 🤣!
I thought i went through all fuses but ill look at the 40/50A fuses again Just to be sure. If they arent blown, what would be the next step?
Honestly, if those fuses are blown, i bet what is behind it is also blown. (Those fuses are probably to protect from a short, not someone feeding voltage into the system backwards.

Sounds like your friend is going to be a very costly person, a new BCM with coding is gonna sting like hell.
Just measured the fuses again, none blown...

Redman
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 pm
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: ABS and traction control light on

Post by Redman » Sun May 02, 2021 10:58 pm

If you have got a fried ebcm a dealer will charge a small fortune to replace it. Depending on your location consider intellilinkmods fitting a second hand one to your vehicle. You may have to source the used ebcm yourself for them to program and fit. On their Facebook page he has replaced one on a insignia this week. Hope you get it sorted at a reasonable cost, good luck.

astraowner
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Re: ABS and traction control light on

Post by astraowner » Mon May 03, 2021 4:17 pm

Redman wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:58 pm
If you have got a fried ebcm a dealer will charge a small fortune to replace it. Depending on your location consider intellilinkmods fitting a second hand one to your vehicle. You may have to source the used ebcm yourself for them to program and fit. On their Facebook page he has replaced one on a insignia this week. Hope you get it sorted at a reasonable cost, good luck.
Im just guessing, but maybe there is a hint to this guy's location in his username (DK = Denmark)

If so, going to intellilinkmods is quite the travel :D :D
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Post Reply