Fitting leather seats

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
casuk
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Fitting leather seats

Post by casuk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:15 pm

I have a 17 sri without heated seats (cloth) I have found a full set of leather seats for a good price and was going to buy them, they are heated tho, I know they will fit ok I'm just wondering about the wiring and coding, I'm not really bothered with the heated element just prefer the leather over cloth, will that be ok to plug and go or is there more to it, I notice on the new seats there is 2 buttons on the right side of the drivers seat what are they for,

Philich
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:10 pm
Astra Model: 1.6 SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Options: Leather heated front and rear seats ,reversing cam
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by Philich » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi
I have recently changed my SRi seats to leather heated

My SRi had electric lumber on the driver side only , if yours has not, it would need a poss supply to make it work, same for the passenger side too.

When it comes the getting them to heat, you will need some extra wiring , new heater control for the front and switch's for the rear.

You Will Need To Have Them Programmed

JRC Vaux works and others , can the programming, and wiring


See the post on the same subject, a few posts down on the page

casuk
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by casuk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:52 pm

Philich wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:34 pm
Hi
I have recently changed my SRi seats to leather heated

My SRi had electric lumber on the driver side only , if yours has not, it would need a poss supply to make it work, same for the passenger side too.

When it comes the getting them to heat, you will need some extra wiring , new heater control for the front and switch's for the rear.

You Will Need To Have Them Programmed

JRC Vaux works and others , can the programming, and wiring


See the post on the same subject, a few posts down on the page
I haven't actually checked mine to see if I have the lumber support buttons, I'm not to bothered about the heating or if i can't get the lumber to work is to a big deal, so I can just replace the seats and that's it nothing else unless I want the heated options and lumber support
Just checked I haven't got the lumbar buttons

Philich
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:10 pm
Astra Model: 1.6 SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Options: Leather heated front and rear seats ,reversing cam
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by Philich » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:41 pm

If your not bothered about the heating or lumber, then they will go in no problem

Here is a photo of my old seat with lumber switch

20201227_150148.jpg


casuk
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by casuk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:11 pm

Philich wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:41 pm
If your not bothered about the heating or lumber, then they will go in no problem

Here is a photo of my old seat with lumber switch
No too fussed IV lived without it so far I could always do it in the future I guess, thanks mate I just ordered them, mine loos very different from yours

IMG_20210406_210501.jpg

Don't judge the dirt, interior plus carpets is my next project

Philich
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:10 pm
Astra Model: 1.6 SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Options: Leather heated front and rear seats ,reversing cam
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by Philich » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm

It is very different , is a 68 plate SRi VX line , maybe thats why

casuk
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by casuk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:31 pm

Alright, mines a 17 sri was the wiring/panel for the heated bit easy to do if you have any pics I'd love to see them, I'm now thinking of doing the fronts heat/lumbar now while I have the access

Philich
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:10 pm
Astra Model: 1.6 SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Options: Leather heated front and rear seats ,reversing cam
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by Philich » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:37 pm

It took a bit quit a bit of wiring (and thats my thing) if you look at the post "installing leather seat" I replied with some detail there

I am hopefully getting them programmed next week, had to delay due to to lockdown

casuk
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by casuk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:21 pm

Philich wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:37 pm
It took a bit quit a bit of wiring (and thats my thing) if you look at the post "installing leather seat" I replied with some detail there

I am hopefully getting them programmed next week, had to delay due to to lockdown
I'll have another read through, so as it stands you don't have the heat just the lumbar and that works, I'm wondering if I'll have the wiring just not the seat I'll find out I guess

User avatar
Shaky
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Options: Agr Drivers Seat, Ilux lights, Parking Sensors,
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver OP189
Location: Gilberdyke, East Yorkshire

Re: Fitting leather seats

Post by Shaky » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:26 pm

casuk wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:21 pm
I'll have another read through, so as it stands you don't have the heat just the lumbar and that works, I'm wondering if I'll have the wiring just not the seat I'll find out I guess
Knowing Vauxhall casa, there'll be a very slim chance of the wiring being in place......but I'll keep everything crossed for ya :lol: To be fair, adding extra wiring is usually just VERY time consuming and fiddly but not particularly difficult (if you like that sort of thing) so I would say Go for it :D .

Heated seats on a freezing cold morning (together with a heated steering wheel) are brilliant, especially the leather type as they feel colder for longer.
Mods - Bonnet Struts, 2nd boot light, Glovebox Light, Footwell Light (All LED) Fr & R Dashcams, Detachable Towbar with Battery Charging, 17" Alloy Spare.
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is..............Hmmmm Doughnuts.

Post Reply