Intellilink screen

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
psaunders

Intellilink screen

Post by psaunders » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi all!!
Just purchased an Astra 1.4t elite nav 17 plate. All seemed OK till I drove in the daylight. Then with the intellilink display in day mode I noticed a slight flickering on the intellilink screen. It is only on the drivers side half. Any thoughts or remidies would be appreciated.

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Intellilink screen

Post by Redman » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Hi
Requires replacing there are plenty of threads on here regarding intellink screen. There are also plenty of YouTube videos on it. They used a Sharp screen in the early astras and changed to LG due to Sharp screen going faulty.
If you have purchased from a garage get them to repair it. There is no programming involved so it is plug and play.

psaunders

Post by psaunders » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. I shall contact them in the morning.

psaunders

Post by psaunders » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Just a quick update. Just returned car to garage and fault cleared on the way there!! They have taken it is for diagnostics. What ever that will reveal.

Joseph Archer
Astra Model: 136Hp 1.6 CDTi SRI

Post by Joseph Archer » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:47 pm

It will reveal nothing - trust them not to help you in anyway with a fault like that. (if only they would the world would be a better place). They will give you some baloney and send you on your way feeling like your a little stupid. The screen is on the way out. If it goes, its either its a 1.2k+ dealer job or a DIY for £60 second hand of Alibaba / £120 new off Alibaba - (would likely be a screen which will last 3-5 years in same manner as original) or £600-700 if you can find some one else to do it who might promise its a new better version of the screen that dosen't break.

If your not up for that I would return the car if they'll take it or if not replace it myself if you can and can be bothered when/if it goes. Otherwise you'll likely be sucking the dealers sometime soon.

If your not up for opening up the screen unit if you are happy to get it out of the dash then the more expensive screens with a new touchscreen already connected would be a little easier and a whole new head unit easier still (if its working!). Cost goes up with those though. Tip: two sided sticky tape or similar is needed to install a new screen to connect to the old touchscreen if you buy just a replacement panel and go for the dissemble unit option.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:10 pm

Make sure to have them give you a receipt for checking the screen if they say "We checked it, there was nothing wrong"

Pretty soon the problem will be back, and you then take a picture of the problem, and show them and the car. if the problem goes away you have the picture.

The receipt will show that you did complain about it and that it is an existing fault from when you bought the car.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.