Armrest fitting

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Mitssuu

Armrest fitting

Post by Mitssuu » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi, I’ve just bought a Vauxhall astra 1.4 turbo petrol 125 hp the energy model. I’ve asked the dealership how much it would cost me for them to fit an armrest and they said they would do it for 200£ (part + fitting). Unfortunately my car has to be delivered tomorrow and they can’t get the armrest till next week. They gave me the option to be delivered at my address and to fit it myself. My question is, it is a tough process? Would it come with the whole center console? Would I have much wiring to do? If someone has experience in this please let me know, a little how to tutorial would be great but I guess it’s quite hard to find.
Last edited by Mitssuu on Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaky
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Options: Agr Drivers Seat, Ilux lights, Parking Sensors,
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver OP189

Re: Armrest fitting

Post by Shaky » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 pm

I would've thought the Elite came with the armrest as standard surely ?
Mods - Bonnet Struts, 2nd boot light, Glovebox Light, Footwell Light (All LED) Fr & R Dashcams, Detachable Towbar with Battery Charging, 17" Alloy Spare.
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is..............Hmmmm Doughnuts.

Mitssuu

Post by Mitssuu » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:29 pm

Shaky wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 pm
I would've thought the Elite came with the armrest as standard surely ?
Elite or energy, not sure which model I got as they took it out of the website as soon as I paid the car. But 100% it doesn’t have an armrest.

Shaky
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Options: Agr Drivers Seat, Ilux lights, Parking Sensors,
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver OP189

Post by Shaky » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:36 pm

Well I would say that you've bought the energy, as I believe that is one of the lower-specced models in the range. The Elite tends to be much better equipped and comes with leather seats, electrically foldable mirrors and the like.

Of course, I could be wrong.....wouldn't be unheard of :lol:
Mods - Bonnet Struts, 2nd boot light, Glovebox Light, Footwell Light (All LED) Fr & R Dashcams, Detachable Towbar with Battery Charging, 17" Alloy Spare.
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is..............Hmmmm Doughnuts.

pepe

Post by pepe » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm

It looks a bit intimidating but the centre console is not hard to replace yourself.
Just buy one as the one below on ebay and get going.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-VAUXHAL ... SwumJdJawx

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:54 pm

SRi and Elite got the centre armrest - Energy was the mid-level with heated steering wheel and seats but just had no armrest and a fully exposed USB socket.

I don't use the armrest in mine apart from somewhere to keep the phone leads and a USB stick in the socket, hidden from view.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Mitssuu

Post by Mitssuu » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:59 pm

nsanderson wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:54 pm
SRi and Elite got the centre armrest - Energy was the mid-level with heated steering wheel and seats but just had no armrest and a fully exposed USB socket.

I don't use the armrest in mine apart from somewhere to keep the phone leads and a USB stick in the socket, hidden from view.
I’ve just bought one from Vauxhall and it will be delivered next week. The car is coming tomorrow. Regarding the fact if I’ll be using it or not, I still think it’s gonna look better with it than without it. But usually I tend to rest my arm while driving at work. So hope all goes well. Paid 172.00£ for it and I would try to do the fitting myself.

Mitssuu

Post by Mitssuu » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:37 pm

Anyone has any idea how to fit it? I got it delivered friday but it seems a bit more complicated than I thought it will be. If not I might gonna have to go to a garage to get it fitted.

pepe

Post by pepe » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:34 pm

You have a picture of what you have, that would make it easier to explain. But probably you would have to take the centre console out.

stc954
Astra Model: K Elite Turbo 2017
Astra Colour: Grey

Post by stc954 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Hi guys, has anyone been successful with this? I have the standard astra k non-electric handbrake, and I am looking to fit one in. The question is: is it a straight swap in swap out or is there more to it? Does the center console for a manual differ from an automatic?