Astra K - Remap

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Vik1991

Astra K - Remap

Post by Vik1991 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi all - hope everyone's weekend is going well so far, apart from Lockdown!

Need some advice please. Recently purchased a 17 plate Astra K which is the SRI variant and running 150bhp, stop/start and an auto box. I've owned the car for around 4 months and the car is extremely fun to drive. Power delivery is excellent and the overall is an incredibly smooth drive - no faults so far!
I'm after a bit of extra power and have been considering getting a stage 1 re map as it's within manufacturers tolerance. I live in the Midlands and found a local company to where I live so advised they could do it. However, when taking the car to his garage he told me the map wasn't possible as there is a known issue with the ECU? He'd sent the original map off to a few file writers and they said if modified, there's a possibility the car wouldn't start!

in fairness, he could have easily mapped the car and ran away with my money but was grateful he was honest. He also told me not to get it done elsewhere as well, but Just wondered if anyone else has had their Astra remapped or know of any similar issues? I've found various google reviews of companies offering increased performance of this particular model.

Vik

Elite75
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6T
Astra Colour: Mineral Black

Re: Astra K - Remap

Post by Elite75 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Find somewhere else. I don't think it's worth it much for the smaller engines in our k range though, being as you're looking at gains of only 10-15% max to stay within manufacturer tolerances. If it was a 2.0 turbo it'd definitely be worth it!

Vik1991

Re: Astra K - Remap

Post by Vik1991 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Elite75 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:08 pm
Find somewhere else. I don't think it's worth it much for the smaller engines in our k range though, being as you're looking at gains of only 10-15% max to stay within manufacturer tolerances. If it was a 2.0 turbo it'd definitely be worth it!
Yep, i somewhat agree with you to be honest. I think for such a small power gain my not be worth it, however the temptation is always there 😅