Digital tacho from insignia fitted and working

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
kirikoo

Re: Digital tacho from insignia fitted and working

Post by kirikoo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:28 pm

pepe wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:33 pm
The unit is plug and play, no need to modify cables, plugs or anything else. You only need to get it programmed to your car. If you have the proper cable and software this can be done remotely. The other option is send the unit over or visit someone who can program it for you.
I've noticed that for the plug and play part, because the plugs are the same on both, but it's for the programming thing, i wanted to know what else do i need or buy to get it programed, or as you said, send it over to someone who could do it for me (someone genuine at least, who will return it back to me :) )
As for someone to program it for me, i'm from france and i don't know anyone here who can or is interested to do it ( yeah, here they kinda stick to what they have )

gmprog

Post by gmprog » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:17 am

kirikoo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:28 pm
I've noticed that for the plug and play part, because the plugs are the same on both, but it's for the programming thing, i wanted to know what else do i need or buy to get it programed, or as you said, send it over to someone who could do it for me (someone genuine at least, who will return it back to me :) )
As for someone to program it for me, i'm from france and i don't know anyone here who can or is interested to do it ( yeah, here they kinda stick to what they have )
for remote programming you need a device OBD with a price 60-100$

patto98

Post by patto98 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:35 am

Hi, I’ve got a Holden Commodore ZB (Insignia B) that has the analogue gauges, I’m interested in replacing them with a digital gauge if possible however I do not have the steering wheel that has controls for my current screen in the gauges, instead I have the buttons on the indicator stalk which scroll through the menus.

Is it possible to do an upgrade with remapping for this or no?

Current gauges: https://images.app.goo.gl/t8PtNb5QapWFsq1U7

Indicator controls: https://images.app.goo.gl/3N9Vt63v5z5vNDHq9

gmprog

Post by gmprog » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:45 pm

patto98 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:35 am
Is it possible to do an upgrade with remapping for this or no?
cheaper to buy on the steering wheel