Insurance

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Geordie- boy

Insurance

Post by Geordie- boy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Do any of you tell insurance company about optional extras fitted particularly the intelilux lights as they are a 2 grand extra? If so does it make much difference to price quoted
Èlite nav ST 1.4T 150 mineral black massage climate AGR seats, keyless, self parking, tints, spare wheel, leds, cargo nets, boot liner but no sunroof!

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Insurance

Post by Paulch » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Geordie- boy wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:58 pm
Do any of you tell insurance company about optional extras fitted particularly the intelilux lights as they are a 2 grand extra? If so does it make much difference to price quoted
Hi

Factory fitted no. After market yes.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

Keithfranklin
Astra Model: Sri VX Line Nav 1.6T. i200
Astra Options: Nearly all. Too many to list.
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Keithfranklin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:48 am

Two grand?? Where are you buying these from? Mine were £960 factory fitted as option on car from new.
Astra Sri VX-Line Nav 1.6t i200 Advanced parking, AGR Seats, Intellilux lights, Sunroof, Climate Control, Spare Wheel, Summit White, Tinted rear windows, Electric folding door mirrors, Wellness system.Blue Brake Calipers, OPC-Line.

Geordie- boy

Post by Geordie- boy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:47 am

Called admiral for a quote and wanted to know about all optional extras fitted. Never been asked that before.
Èlite nav ST 1.4T 150 mineral black massage climate AGR seats, keyless, self parking, tints, spare wheel, leds, cargo nets, boot liner but no sunroof!

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by nsanderson » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:53 am

Paulch wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi

Factory fitted no. After market yes.

Cheers

Paul
As Paul says, anything it came out of the factory with, you don't need to tell them as they can always check what it came with. Anything you do after you get the car, yes.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Griffin
Astra Model: 1.6T Elite VX Line & Mk2
Astra Options: All except sunroof and cd
Astra Colour: White

Post by Griffin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:03 pm

I had this when we got ours, cant remember companies now as it was two years age. Some asked about options and were classing them as modifications!
We used Aviva in the end and they weren't bothered about options, as i expected it to be, and they quoted a good price too.

SirusMion

Post by SirusMion » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:46 am

I'm having the same problems. Especially now since I moved from the UK to the USA fora few years. I had to find a new insurance policy and find a new car and I was also wondering about the extras that are included in the plan. The prices seemed a little higher then in the UK. I am still figuring out what kind of plan I need especially since we have two cars to insure (My partner came with me and he also has a car) so I'm looking onine. There are a lot of options there, but I use one specific website for reference. It has a lot of good materials. If someone here in in need of help you should consult it here.

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 am

I had mentioned to my insurance about the tracker and the premium was dropped
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)