New to Astra ( 1.6T 200hp)

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Wodgy

New to Astra ( 1.6T 200hp)

Post by Wodgy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 pm

So me and the Mrs got a new car. Upgraded from our first car, a Peugot 207 2010 1.4 (Aka the fastest car in the world) so very new to techy/quick cars like this.
I did a ton of research before jumping onto the astra and quickly realised how rare 1.6Ts are. (Very lucky that a local dealership had 2 just in where we reserved it on the same day it appeared on the site).
Our particular car only had 8700 miles on it and is only 11 months old. Really enjoying it, absolutely incredible drive. Just getting grips with that 1st to 2nd gear transition smoothly but almost there!
Any musts/must nots in this car? Recommended fuel/oil? Decent upgrades I can add? Best car mats (haha)? All that jazz

tuglet
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Re: New to Astra ( 1.6T 200hp)

Post by tuglet » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Good choice

Oil must be dexos1 gen 2. VX do fixed price servicing.

Worth joining the Vauxhall Service Club for free. Gets you discounts on accessories and servicing.

Recommended to use 98RON although 95 is acceptable. I fill with Momentum99 and the occasional tank V Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.6T 200 Elite Nav. Cosmic Grey.

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Pompeydave » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:31 pm

Great car Wodgy ,picked my 1.6t up 10 days ago and loving it. Under a year old and it's a hoot to drive.
Yes they are rare cars , one week there weren't any within 100 miles of me the next 3 in same dealership ! Needless to say all snapped up. I was looking at various cars and at one stage realised half my road had 1.0 cars in all shapes and sizes and could of joined them but didn't follow suit and bought the Astra . Havnt looked back , still trying to get my head around how good value they are , I am the 2nd owner , 1st must of lost £10k + depreciation lol. So for the price of a 1.0 fiesta I picked this Astra Sri VX-line nav up ! No brainer .

Wodgy

Post by Wodgy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 am

@tuglet Ye I read through the owners manual etc that shows the car has dexos1 gen2. Think I read that issues from older engines (maybe 1.4Ts) had issues with oil? Only found 97RON around where I live lol which I have been using so far. Ye that's a good shout i'll definitely join that.

@Pompeydave Ye similar happened to us. Both were snapped up as soon as they were put up. We're the second owner and had a great price. Ye insane depreciation lost by 1st owner. We were originally looking at A3 tfsi, Leon Tfsi etc but settled on this after reading about it. No diesel for us as don't do enough miles. Ye we got the SRI NAV version.

Keithfranklin
Astra Model: Sri VX Line Nav 1.6T. i200
Astra Options: Nearly all. Too many to list.
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Keithfranklin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 am

You have a great car.... I’ve had mine from new. Dexos 1 gen 2 oil ONLY. And I’ve only ever used Shell V+ petrol.
Never ever seen another vx line and never ever seen another 1.6t. Quite an elite club we are in!!
The car is superb not much on the road can touch it and phenomenal petrol consumption. Well done!
Astra Sri VX-Line Nav 1.6t i200 Advanced parking, AGR Seats, Intellilux lights, Sunroof, Climate Control, Spare Wheel, Summit White, Tinted rear windows, Electric folding door mirrors, Wellness system.Blue Brake Calipers, OPC-Line.

Alanw
Astra Model: Sports tourer 1.6t
Astra Options: Ergonomic seats,mudflaps,spare wheel
Astra Colour: Power red

Post by Alanw » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

Good choice,I have had my 1.6t st. since 2016 when I bought it new,great engine and 55mpg is possible,if you can resist temptation 😁,mine has been trouble free and apart from the previously mentioned depreciation I have enjoyed owning it.i did look for a while for a replacement but couldn’t find anything to compare.unless your car has matrix headlights I would definitely recommend that you upgrade your bulbs as the headlights are the cars weak point.also keep an eye out for corrosion of the wheels asi had mine replaced under warranty as have others on here,hope you enjoy your car 👍.
Power red 1.6t 200 sri nav. sports tourer, agr seats, spare wheel,mudflaps.

Wodgy

Post by Wodgy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:44 am

Cheers guys. Ye I always find myself checking the rear of any astra now to see if it's a 1.6T. Guess I won't be finding one any time soon haha. Any recommendations for durable quality car mats etc?

Elite_Witton
Astra Model: 1.6T Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Granite Grey

Post by Elite_Witton » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:14 am

Great to hear loads of positives about the car as I pick mine up next week :)

Wodgy, what colour did you get and any pictures yet?

Markot1989
Astra Model: 1.6t 200 SRI
Astra Colour: Black

Post by Markot1989 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:26 am

They do seem to be rare, Arnold Clark seem to have taken a batch of them in mostly SRI / SRI Nav's. Don't think they have any VX Lines.
The only others I've seen were on the forecourt next to the one we purchased. The SRI without the bodykit is very understated so a few of my colleagues (in their 1.4/1.5T VWs) have underestimated it on the long hill next to the work and then asked wtf is under the bonnet.

If you drive sensibly it is a frugal as any other petrol out there, absolutely wipes the floor with our previous Mini Clubman 1.5T.

Wodgy

Post by Wodgy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:46 pm

mpg on this car seems to be insane for the performance. Even with me testing the throttle etc haha. I would say i'm quite a economical driver to be fair.
@Elite_Witton Ended up getting a bog standard red colour but really suits the car. Could have got a grey but I just really liked the red and see quite a few grey cars about these days.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”