Do I I have the correct interval times?

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
danx55
Astra Model: 1.4.t 150 sri nav
Astra Options: sport mode ;)
Astra Colour: power red..i think

Re: Do I I have the correct interval times?

Post by danx55 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 am

only 1 big issue ....eventually ... oil leak on ac pump ... 1k to replace it!! :0 ...... and according to service dept ... no dealer warranty on my car!?!? :(

danx55
Astra Model: 1.4.t 150 sri nav
Astra Options: sport mode ;)
Astra Colour: power red..i think

Post by danx55 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:33 pm

its still in the shop as the pump didnt arrive :/ :D ... but it is under warranty when it does turn up - so no extra cost to me :)

Rob14
Astra Model: SRI, 1.6 CDTI (136), 2016 plate
Astra Colour: Grey

Post by Rob14 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

Could someone help please.

I have rung a Vauxhall dealer about a service and their price differs to the Vauxhall website. Also brake fluid change is extra. According the the Vauxhall website it is included??

The dealer said the official website is wrong and go off their prices
SRI, 1.6CDTI, 136bhp, 2016 plate, Manual, Grey,

MrSM82
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 SRi Nav (Auto)
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by MrSM82 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Rob14 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am
Could someone help please.

I have rung a Vauxhall dealer about a service and their price differs to the Vauxhall website. Also brake fluid change is extra. According the the Vauxhall website it is included??

The dealer said the official website is wrong and go off their prices
The dealer is trying to mug you. Just book it on the Vauxhall website and make sure you ask them when you drop the car off about the brake fluid. Consider writing to Vauxhall customer service about the dealership too.

Rob14
Astra Model: SRI, 1.6 CDTI (136), 2016 plate
Astra Colour: Grey

Post by Rob14 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 pm

Update: I rung Vauxhall customer services. At first they said the dealer will charge what they charge. When I said I can book through the Vauxhall website to that dealer, so what price do I go by. The customer service adviser rung the dealer in question to query this as he could see the point I was making. The dealer said they will honour the Vauxhall website but I must bring screenshots of the website where it states this price, I said OK I will but its on the website so they will see it.

They will also honour the brake fluid change included (brake fluid change is included on the main service and major service) the dealer would have charged £45.

It seems the dealer has a very different list to the Vauxhall.co.uk website. Even things such as key fob battery, according to website it is done on a main service according to dealer it is done on major.

I rung another dealer to query price and they again had a different schedule and were over £400 (without service club discount. With service club discount it was £300) for a major service compared to £305 on the website for a corsa. Brake fluid change was again an additional £30. But website states replace brake fluid.

I have now booked my mrs Corsa E in and my Astra K in and they will honour the Vauxhall.co.uk website prices as long as we bring in screenshots of the website lol.

They recommended I change my coolant fluid as its 4 years old, that is an extra £79. I have service club discount (25% off parts and labour), I had to explain what that is which is pretty worrying .

Should all be sorted now.
SRI, 1.6CDTI, 136bhp, 2016 plate, Manual, Grey,

Return to “Main Astra K chat”