All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Asherzzz
Astra Model: Astra K Griffin
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Darkmoon Blue

New Car , what should i check for ?

Post by Asherzzz » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Guys

I should be picking up my car in the next couple of weeks and this is the first time i have brought a brand new new car ( Astra Griffin ).

I was wondering if there is anything in particular that you would recommend that i check about the vehicle with your experiences with it.

I know i should check things like paintwork and bodywork and alloys but anything specific with the Astra Griffins that anyone has had issues with right off the bat

Cheers guys
2019 Astra Griffin 1.4t (150 BHP) in Dark Moon Blue

davesd1
Astra Model: Elite 1.6 Diesel 136
Astra Options: Parking sensors
Astra Colour: Lava Red

Re: New Car , what should i check for ?

Post by davesd1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:47 pm

Don't assume because it's new it will be faultless.Just go over it inside and out,because once you drive off,if you know what I mean.My experiences with new cars over the years are dented door,damaged dash where the original radio had been stolen and glass on back seat where they'd broken in,when it was in the dealers compound,damaged paintwork,especially check that.My current car had scratches around the gear stick surround.
Just give it the once over and good luck with your new car.

Bogbody

Post by Bogbody » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm

Paintwork damage and dents
Interior damage - has a bit of trim been swaped for an old one.
Engine - check the oil level !!!!!!!
Check all the lights work and look new
Cynic? Moi? Dont assume that new will be perfect, look out for tampering and damage. :-)

Asherzzz
Astra Model: Astra K Griffin
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Darkmoon Blue

Post by Asherzzz » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks guys ,
i will give the car a really good look over when i pick it up , hopefully there is nothing wrong with it so i can drive away happy
2019 Astra Griffin 1.4t (150 BHP) in Dark Moon Blue

Rebeldiamond

Post by Rebeldiamond » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:15 pm

I inspect cars both going out on lease/sale and coming back off lease (I work for Vauxhall)
Regarding bodywork inspect each panel from the side as if you’re looking through a gun sight and move your head slightly up/down/left/right, you’re looking for a ripple in reflections on the panels.
Don’t forget to check the roof and sills.
Check the inflation kit is present (these go missing)
Check the alloys.
Each corner of the car is prone to scratches if the valeter isn’t careful with the hose so pay attention to those.
You’d be surprised at what damage gets missed by PDI and QC before the cars are handed over. Once the car has been signed for it is difficult to prove afterwards.