Tuning Box for 1.4T 150

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
KevWak
Astra Model: 1.4 Turbo (150PS)
Astra Colour: Granite Grey

Re: Tuning Box for 1.4T 150

Post by KevWak » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Ok so I fitted the box today.
Not gonna lie it was a right pain to do. And took me about 3hrs.
It plugs into the inlet manifold sensor at the back of the engine on top. Fairly easy. The second plugs into the sensor on the outlet of the intercooler. For this, I had to jack up the near side, remove the fwd under tray and the left hand fog light surround.
Got the loom all tidied up and the box itself plugged in. Turned the ignition on... “service car soon” message. No engine light though and no fault codes. Every time I turn it on, this message comes up. So not best pleased. Went for a drive and throttle response is improved without sport button on but there doesn’t seem to be any gain higher up the rev range.

Very disappointed overall. Will contact them tomorrow see what they say.

It may be going back though at this rate.

Gutted.
1.4T (150)
SRi
Granite Grey

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi.
If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for a tuning box, chip or re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Pompeydave
Astra Model: seat Leon / fiesta st2 / poss another Astra k soon
Astra Colour: White

Post by Pompeydave » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:42 pm

KevWak wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm
Ok so I fitted the box today.
Not gonna lie it was a right pain to do. And took me about 3hrs.
It plugs into the inlet manifold sensor at the back of the engine on top. Fairly easy. The second plugs into the sensor on the outlet of the intercooler. For this, I had to jack up the near side, remove the fwd under tray and the left hand fog light surround.
Got the loom all tidied up and the box itself plugged in. Turned the ignition on... “service car soon” message. No engine light though and no fault codes. Every time I turn it on, this message comes up. So not best pleased. Went for a drive and throttle response is improved without sport button on but there doesn’t seem to be any gain higher up the rev range.

Very disappointed overall. Will contact them tomorrow see what they say.

It may be going back though at this rate.

Gutted.
That's sad to hear kev , every box I've fitted I've gone "bloody hell what a difference !"
Something not quite right here , you should feel a big difference. Agree see what they say .
Just remembering my last box I fitted (DTUK) on a Astra J turbo , it had 4 connectors in total to fit to sensors.
Appreciate different car though.

Ivanzu

Post by Ivanzu » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Tuning boxes are piece of crap.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:49 am

This is why I leave well alone. It's a family hatch with 150bhp which is plenty unless you ignore the speed limits.

My brother has a 400bhp Golf R and yes it's exciting but I can't really see the point as you hit the speed limit almost instantly.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

KevWak

Post by KevWak » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 pm

It’s going into their garage on Saturday so they can see what’s up.
1.4T (150)
SRi
Granite Grey

KevWak

Post by KevWak » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:32 pm

FIXED

Wow what a difference.

So it seems the box had no data on it and so did nothing!

After a quick plug in with their computer, and then refitted to the car, then a quick drive up the road, it’s a hell of a difference. And cue a big cheesy grin on my face.

The “service car soon” message cleared after the plugs were reseated.

TDI Tuning have been supportive throughout.
Despite having a duff box initially, I can definitely recommend one of these boxes for the 150.
Initial economy seems to be up 4mpg on a 70mph motorway run. Indicated 53mpg up to 57mpg along the same 30 mile stretch. Box off vs box in eco mode.
1.4T (150)
SRi
Granite Grey

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Post by AdieMcc » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm

What setting do you drive in? And do you still press the sports button?
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

KevWak

Post by KevWak » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:45 pm

I had it in 7 right after it was sorted out. Then did the eco run in 1. I’ve not messed about much. Will try out different modes in the coming weeks.
Didn’t even think to try it with sport button. Doesn’t need it. And even in eco mode there is a notable power increase too.
1.4T (150)
SRi
Granite Grey

Pompeydave
Astra Model: seat Leon / fiesta st2 / poss another Astra k soon
Astra Colour: White

Post by Pompeydave » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:13 pm

KevWak wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:32 pm
FIXED

Wow what a difference.

So it seems the box had no data on it and so did nothing!

After a quick plug in with their computer, and then refitted to the car, then a quick drive up the road, it’s a hell of a difference. And cue a big cheesy grin on my face.

The “service car soon” message cleared after the plugs were reseated.

TDI Tuning have been supportive throughout.
Despite having a duff box initially, I can definitely recommend one of these boxes for the 150.
Initial economy seems to be up 4mpg on a 70mph motorway run. Indicated 53mpg up to 57mpg along the same 30 mile stretch. Box off vs box in eco mode.
Well done for getting it in and letting tdi sort it....some people would of walked away after a few negative comments on here and asked for money back. This is the exact feeling you should get 'a big grin' when driving it. Let us know after a week or so your thoughts on it , I know what you will say but always nice to hear anyway lol. And have a fiddle with the settings too , you will find a sweet spot within the range.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”