Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

sport mode from cold?

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  danx55 
#1 ·
hi guys,

so my sri is much better to drive in sport mode i find ...smoother and obviously nippier :D

....so was thinking of trying to use it all the time

question - is it ok to stick sport mode on from start up? .... i tend ot only play with it when engine is warm normally

thanks
dan

#6 ·
Sport mode does not change anything on the engine or ECU map it just shortens the throttle response making it feel quicker. You won't do any harm using it from cold other than maybe revving it a bit harder. Same rules apply letting it warm up before giving it the beans is better for the engine in the long term.....

#8 ·
It's still probably best to wait for the engine to warm before using full power - no problem with leaving it on all the time though - the car pulls away much better in sports mode.

As I understand it, with sports mode on the consumption of a 1.6T would come down from an average of 44.6 indicated (as mine is) to about 35mpg. Probably well worth it for the performance and driveabilty gains. I always expected the car to only do 35 mpg.

#15 ·
Got no idea how you people drive with sports mode enabled all the time as when ever I decide to use it the throttle pedal acts like it's either no power or full power with just a little pressure on the pedal, I mean how are you supposed to drive safely with a throttle pedal acting like that. lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Sports mode is great..gives instant whip lash 😀but does use more fuel regardless of what people say...if I drive without it I average 47mpg with it on all the time 42mpg...you can even feel the difference if you are just cruising at 30mph, turn the sport mode on and you can feel the car surge forward..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.