Android Head Unit

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
PassLee

Re: Android Head Unit

Post by PassLee » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:20 pm

I have about 5 of these units and have been using them for years, you can update the rom itself to use android 9, you should check the xda forums. Malaysak makes some good custom roms for these units.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:26 pm

PassLee wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:20 pm
I have about 5 of these units and have been using them for years, you can update the rom itself to use android 9, you should check the xda forums. Malaysak makes some good custom roms for these units.
I have an Eonon radio, that currently runs android 4.4.

Are you saying that i can upgrade that radio to android 9 ?
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

PassLee

Post by PassLee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:00 am

astraowner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:26 pm
PassLee wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:20 pm
I have an Eonon radio, that currently runs android 4.4.

Are you saying that i can upgrade that radio to android 9 ?
I have not checked if he has done a 9 yet but I re flashed an 8 a few months ago. Have a look here....

https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... evelopment

What I would like to know is how have you managed to get round the fact that you lose the settings that are controlled from the original factory unit. I have seen video's such as the one I posted showing the settings but when I ask the sellers of these units to show these settings they are unable to do so, until I can confirm i dp not lose these settings I see no way of using a android unit.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 am

PassLee wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:00 am

I have not checked if he has done a 9 yet but I re flashed an 8 a few months ago. Have a look here....

https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... evelopment

What I would like to know is how have you managed to get round the fact that you lose the settings that are controlled from the original factory unit. I have seen video's such as the one I posted showing the settings but when I ask the sellers of these units to show these settings they are unable to do so, until I can confirm i dp not lose these settings I see no way of using a android unit.
Thanks for the link. I will certainly look into having the radio upgraded.

Will just have to clear up a few things first, like "Does the reverse camera i added still work, does the FM radio still work" and so on, because the wife relies heavily on that camera when she is reversing.

I have no problem with settings, as there are no vehicle settings in the radio of the Corsa D (Originally a CD30Mp3).

Only thing the radio controls is itself and the display, and as long as the settings app for the clock is still there it is good enough
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

PassLee

Post by PassLee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 am

Ah well I was looking at putting it in the astra k and as you know it looks like some onboard settings would be lost.

When you upgrade the unit you will still be able to use everything that you can use now such as camera and radio, it's only a system upgrade, all functions will still work.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:18 pm

PassLee wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 am
Ah well I was looking at putting it in the astra k and as you know it looks like some onboard settings would be lost.

When you upgrade the unit you will still be able to use everything that you can use now such as camera and radio, it's only a system upgrade, all functions will still work.
Great, i have had problems finding a rom that would work on my radio, so i asked in the thread that looked mostly like it would fit, if it would actually work, and if not, if someone would point me in the right direction.

PassLee

Post by PassLee » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 am

astraowner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:18 pm
PassLee wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 am

Great, i have had problems finding a rom that would work on my radio, so i asked in the thread that looked mostly like it would fit, if it would actually work, and if not, if someone would point me in the right direction.
Malaysak rom should work for your eonon but I am sure they will tell you that, there is a thread on there that tells you how to identify which roms work for you, like I said I have about 5 of these units and Malayasak rom has worked in all of them.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”