Astra 1.6t v Audi A3 has anyone got honest thoughts no badge snobs allowed

Post by Steg » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 pm

:lol: :?:

Boroboy
Astra Model: Astra K 1.0t SRI.
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Astra 1.6t v Audi A3 has anyone got honest thoughts no badge snobs allowed

Post by Boroboy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:19 pm

Well comparing an Astra to any premium brand, you will get a newer car for your money if you were to buy the Astra.
I like A3,A4 & A5's. Not sure I'd buy one, unless I was going to spend more money for the same age car, against buying an Astra.
I'd say the build quality was better with an Audi, but you are going to pay for it.
I've owned Vauxhalls from the 80s, so would I jump ship? Maybe one day.... :lol: I'm more likely to, now vauxhall's will be moving over to PSA platforms. Neither am I that impressed with some of their engine reliability (1.4t & 1.6d).
Vauxhall's depreciate heavily, which is good for a used car buyer like myself, whom tends to buy one at 1-3 years of age.
Astra 1.0t SRI.

Keithfranklin
Astra Model: Sri VX Line Nav 1.6T. i200
Astra Options: Nearly all. Too many to list.
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Keithfranklin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:05 am

Audi is far more likely to be stolen than an astra!!
Astra Sri VX-Line Nav 1.6t i200 Advanced parking, AGR Seats, Intellilux lights, Sunroof, Climate Control, Spare Wheel, Summit White, Tinted rear windows, Electric folding door mirrors, Wellness system.Blue Brake Calipers, OPC-Line.

danx55
Astra Model: 1.4.t 150 sri nav
Astra Options: sport mode ;)
Astra Colour: power red..i think

Post by danx55 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:01 am

hi,
i was looking at a3 too before i got my astra (elite at first)
...big part of my reason for going astra was that i like the look of it and i struggled to get the spec i wanted in a3 (for sensible money anyway)
and i had had 3 golfs before! ... so time for a change :D

owning the right astra wasnt painless :D ... but then have had issues with audi and golfs in past too

overall i think i made the right choice (now i have 1.4t sri nav) ..... but if i had had more cash ....... difficult ... maybe a3 :D

cheers
dan

Pompeydave
Astra Model: seat Leon / fiesta st2 / poss another Astra k soon
Astra Colour: White

Post by Pompeydave » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:39 am

Not really a comparison to be honest , these A3 start at £21k for a base model and absolutely no discount either. For £21k you could get an Astra Sri vx line 1.6t 200 ! So a lot more Astra than A3. Where the A3 scores though is depreciation , nicer quality inside , ride refinement etc. And that badge !
No 1.6t A3 only the 1.5 which is 150bhp so nowhere near as fast as the Astra 1.6t. It would take the 2.0 A3 to out accelerate the 1.6t Astra.
Apart from the S3 I kind of find them a little boring to look at ? Lots around like the bmw 3 series . I wouldn't look twice at one going along , then again the press like golfs and apart from Gti & R they are pretty boring too lol.
So would I buy one...no not for me but I understand why people buy them for quality etc.

danx55

Post by danx55 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 am

very true Dave ... golfs are just too dull :D ....and there just arent any odd sounds to listen out for :D

Pompeydave
Astra Model: seat Leon / fiesta st2 / poss another Astra k soon
Astra Colour: White

Post by Pompeydave » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:04 am

danx55 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:55 am
very true Dave ... golfs are just too dull :D ....and there just arent any odd sounds to listen out for :D
How boring would that be Dan lol no rattles or squeaks etc ! Every car I've owned has had some sort of annoying noise.

I havnt come across one magazine/car show that doesn't like the golfs. Must be good cars in their own way but as you said Dan...dull. A3 similar platform and engine spec wise but I like the seat Leon , look under the bonnet and vw / Audi stamped in numerous places but just looks a bit different.

Why are we moaning Dan....must be an age thing lol

danx55

Post by danx55 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:34 am

:D :D very true Dave

....yes i think the astra has character with its added noises ......as long as nothing falls off! :/ :D

Skyrimmer
Astra Model: SRI Nav 1.6T
Astra Options: 18in bi colour alloys, parking sensors, winter pac
Astra Colour: Lava red

Post by Skyrimmer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:38 pm

The VAG group is having severe problems with the 1.5 manual petrol engine across its car range. I was looking at a VW T-Roc or Audi Q2 for my next car but one look at the forums put me off.

This engine is prone to " kangarooing" when in low gear and stalling at junctions. Seat Arona and Skoda Karoq also affected. Dozens of customers have rejected the cars. Puts a few squeaks in our Astras into perspective.
Astra SRI Nav, 1.6T lava red , winter pack, parking sensors,18in bi colour alloys, AGR seat, spare wheel, mudflaps.

danx55

Post by danx55 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:42 pm

yes very true indeed :D ..... i find that any make of car always have issues that often only become aware of after joining a forum like this ... that why i like em :)

Return to “Main Astra K chat”