Astra K 68 Plate Wet in the Boot

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Jamboseven
Astra Model: 2018 1.4T SRI VX Line Nav
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Astra K 68 Plate Wet in the Boot

Post by Jamboseven » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:49 pm

My Astra J suffered from water ingress in both rear doors.
The drainage grommets in the bottom of the doors jammed up with crude.
I would stop at junctions or pull up to the house and if it was quiet I could hear water sloshing about,

Took it back to the dealer and it was actually one of the body shop guys heard me talking at the desk, asked for my key. Walked out to my car, opened the rear doors and pulled out these rubber seals with a little flap on the them. There was bucket loads...both doors full of water.
I rarely had folk in the back so the rear windows where never opened They were both so full that when we operated the windows it was flushing more out.
I've had my astra K - 18 plate for 6 weeks now and have checked the back doors half a dozen times already. I don't want a repeat

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:17 am

Always good practice to check all the drain holes every month, especially during autumn/winter.

I had soaking footwells in my H and it turned out to be a 10mm tear at the bottom of the speaker which allowed water to run under the trim. :shock:

jt123
Astra Model: SRi 1.6 CDTI BiTurbo
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by jt123 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:33 pm

I noticed some condensation on my windows this morning. After a bit of investigation I have discovered, having lifted up the boot liner, that there is a puddle of water on the metal boot floor.
The boot liner itself is not wet - so I'm guessing that means it's coming in from underneath, or somehow making entry that bypasses the boot lining because like I say - the fabric is bone dry.
The boot seal is fine, headliner around the aerial is dry. Any ideas anyone? :roll:

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:14 pm

Check the rear light seals.

jt123
Astra Model: SRi 1.6 CDTI BiTurbo
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by jt123 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Scotty_b wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:14 pm
Check the rear light seals.
Thanks, I think I have traced it to the wiring loom left hand side next to the boot gas strut ( which is the same outcome as the OP of this thread I think). Put some black silicone in there to hopefully fix the issue :)