Astra K Brake Recall

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
PeterShort
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6 CDTI 136 ps Start/Stop 6speed manual
Astra Options: F&R park assist , onstar, F&R Heated seats.
Astra Colour: Metallic Deep Sky Blue

Astra K Brake Recall

Post by PeterShort » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 pm

Like many K owners I received a letter regarding the brake recall, the letter refers in particular to 1.6 Diesel 6 Speed models in which it states under stage two all affected components will be replaced at no cost under the recall . This morning my car was in for such checks, three hours later I received a call to collect the car, on arrival at the dealers I discovered they'd changed the fluid .... I enquired about stage two which affects my particular model only to be told its okay (?) and charged £15 enviromental disposal, despite there being no charge mentioned in the letter. I was warned elsewhere on here about people being charged for this recall. Question is why are they charging- sounds like a money making exercise to me .


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by astramaster » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Another topic about the same subject? Why?
Post it in the correct place: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4604&start=60


Azza899
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 pm
Astra Model: SRI VX Line
Astra Colour: Pull me over red

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by Azza899 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:57 pm

you shouldnt be charged anything its been all over the letter that all work will be of no cost to the customer, id be going back and demanding your money back or giving customer care a call

Or give memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3990 a message he/she may be able to help


Crunchynut
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:46 pm
Astra Model: Elite 1.6 diesel 136

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by Crunchynut » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:28 pm

The level of inconsistency across dealers is astounding, as is the willingness by some to get revenue that simply isn’t warranted. I guess naming and shaming dealers on here would get the forum shut down, but something ought to be done - hopefully VX support are reading this....


I agree - demand a refund for the charge for disposing of your hydraulic fluid.
Elite 1.6 CDTi 136ps Hatch


PeterShort
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6 CDTI 136 ps Start/Stop 6speed manual
Astra Options: F&R park assist , onstar, F&R Heated seats.
Astra Colour: Metallic Deep Sky Blue

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by PeterShort » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Astramaster, I have noted your instruction to post it in the right place and have decided not to obey it !! However, it is about the recall but the subject matter for me is about being charged when others are not or maybe . I hope this meets with your approval & please learn some manners!

I think its the dealers trying to make a quick buck out of the customers, the dealer going against the clear wording in the letter. I will be taking the matter further but not with the dealer and as for naming and shaming that may follow .......


User avatar
astramaster
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by astramaster » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm

PeterShort wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm
Astramaster, I have noted your instruction to post it in the right place and have decided not to obey it !! However, it is about the recall but the subject matter for me is about being charged when others are not or maybe . I hope this meets with your approval & please learn some manners!
That's your choice, do what you want. We are all here to help and get organized, I think... :roll:
But in the other topic, Vauxhall Support is participating and would be important for them to know about that dealer's fraud.


User avatar
OPVX Customer Care
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by OPVX Customer Care » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:21 am

@PeterShort.

Please, can you provide me with the dealership you have used that has charged you for the fluid disposal?
The campaign is completely FOC and should not incur any additional costs for this immediate work to be completed both step 1 and 2.

So in the first instance please provide me the dealership details and we will have our field management team contact them directly to explain this is not the correct practice.

Also, you should contact the dealership to have you £15 refunded if you have any issues with this we can contact the dealership for you and arrange this.

Regards RR OPVX Social Care
Opel Vauxhall Social Media Customer Care Team

Helping where we can.
TOP 5 Customer Care Contact phone numbers:
  • United Kingdom - 0800 0260 034
    Germany - 0049 699 5307 551
    Spain - 0034 902250025
    France - 0033 821980006
    Italy - 0039 0275419845


mjd1499
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by mjd1499 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:32 am

This is a forum to find out things and make life easier for Astra owners, of course you should name dealerships in your correspondence on here, nobody is libelling, it's all experiences and service, ie, I find Penton in Salisbury way better than Eden in Christchurch, that is my experience and opinion.

Mike


PeterShort
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6 CDTI 136 ps Start/Stop 6speed manual
Astra Options: F&R park assist , onstar, F&R Heated seats.
Astra Colour: Metallic Deep Sky Blue

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by PeterShort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:06 pm

astramaster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm
PeterShort wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm
Astramaster, I have noted your instruction to post it in the right place and have decided not to obey it !! However, it is about the recall but the subject matter for me is about being charged when others are not or maybe . I hope this meets with your approval & please learn some manners!
That's your choice, do what you want. We are all here to help and get organized, I think... :roll:
But in the other topic, Vauxhall Support is participating and would be important for them to know about that dealer's fraud.
Obviously its my choice ,and yes I'll do as I wish ,I was reacting to your first comment- however I don't take to high- handed replies off an individual who probably would not act in such a manner should we be in the same room. This isn't a forum for keyboard warrior types. But as you state a forum to assist others with issues, how that help is prescribed usually takes a civil approach and no need for rudeness.
Getting back to the payment ,the charge was an oversight and should have been FOC .


PeterShort
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.6 CDTI 136 ps Start/Stop 6speed manual
Astra Options: F&R park assist , onstar, F&R Heated seats.
Astra Colour: Metallic Deep Sky Blue

Re: Astra K Brake Recall

Post by PeterShort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 pm

PeterShort wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:06 pm
astramaster wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm
PeterShort wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm
Astramaster, I have noted your instruction to post it in the right place and have decided not to obey it !! However, it is about the recall but the subject matter for me is about being charged when others are not or maybe . I hope this meets with your approval & please learn some manners!
That's your choice, do what you want. We are all here to help and get organized, I think... :roll:
But in the other topic, Vauxhall Support is participating and would be important for them to know about that dealer's fraud.
Obviously its my choice ,and yes I'll do as I wish ,I was reacting to your first comment- however I don't take to high- handed replies off an individual who probably would not act in such a manner should we be in the same room. This isn't a forum for keyboard warrior types. But as you state a forum to assist others with issues, how that help is prescribed usually takes a civil approach and no need for rudeness.
Getting back to the payment ,the charge was an oversight and should have been FOC .


Post Reply

Return to “Main Astra K chat”