Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

is power red flame red?

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  nsanderson 
#1 ·
hi someone damaged my wing mirror on my 1.4t red astra and i need to buy a replacement but im confused over the colours as mine in the book i got from dealer says the colour is (pull me over red)
my wife has the same car as me same colour too and in her book her colour is (flame red)
searching ebay for red wing mirrors for astra K all i can find is Power red and no flame red etc
are these three colours the same ?
thanks

G
#2 ·
My car colour was described as pull me over red. I since discovered that this is the same as lava red. The paint code is 50s. You can check the code on the plate on the passenger door sill. I bought a lava red touch up pen and it matches perfectly.

#5 ·
Slightly of topic when my car was in for a service I was looking at the colour chart for different colours of cars you get. There now a ruby red now just like the brochure. Seen one on the road 19plate looks stunning. I'm a bit jealous. But his car was a bog standard one. Never the less colour was gorgeous. When I order my car in Jan 2016 I asked the dealer I wanted that colour like the brochure. I even made him contact the plant in Poland. The answer was no no no. Gutted but 3 years later they have it now. Keep your eye peel for it

#6 ·
danx55 said:
hi guys,
just spotted some bugger has put a nasty scratch along the front wing of my motor :(
...mine is a 2016 supposedly power red .... but i guess that really means lava red reading from above? :/
thanks
dan
As a 2016 car yours is probably Power Red, but get your paint code from the VIN plate on the passenger side B pillar. Power Red should be Z50B.

#8 ·
As said, 2016 car should be power red with code 50B, newer cars are lava red (or absolute red) with code 50S.
Any decent paint shop should be able to get you the correct shade with the code. I ordered some touch-up paint last summer to cover some stone chips etc, and the shop only needed the code to get the right shade.

#12 ·
I think Lava Red came in about 2017? Anything prior to that is Power Red which, as you say, is slightly lighter than Lava. Not sure, I know it was on the J, but is Power Red two coat solid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.