My brakes failed too!

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
JANEIAN

Re: My brakes failed too!

Post by JANEIAN » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 am

Thank goodness someone in customer care is finally dealing with this. It needs to be thoroughly investigated to ensure no accidents or god forbid fatalities result from whatever the issue is. My car is away having tests done at the mo so hopefully they will get to the bottom of it

Crunchynut
Astra Model: Elite 1.6 diesel 136

Post by Crunchynut » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 pm

OPVX Customer Care wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 am
Good Morning,
For those on people on this thread that believe they have an issue on their brake system, I advise you to call customer care directly to have your vehicle booked into a dealership so we can investigate your concerns. I have placed all customer care phone numbers in my introduction thread.

I will start to reach out to the individuals noted in this "Brakes Failed" thread to advise you directly so our dealers can assist you. I will be asking you privately to give me your contact and vehicle details - once supplied I will have one of my SM Care team contact you directly to organise this.

Regards RR Your OV Team
Hats off to you for joining the forum and showing an interest, but having our cars looked at by dealers doesn't seem to be what is needed. The comments on here mostly confirm that dealers found no fault. My experience was not of total brake failure, but of the brake pedal being very long on a couple of occasions - so long as to cause momentary panic as the brakes don't operate in line with expectation (our feet/minds become very calibrated with what is normal). My dealer had the car in, bled the brakes (6 weeks after they had been done on service anyway) and reported all was normal.

You have heard the symptoms, so I suggest some pro-active FMEA work is done to identify failure modes that dealers are then asked specifically to check for, rather than waste time with benign checks.
Elite 1.6 CDTi 136ps Hatch

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 pm

If you Google why do brakes fail list come up master cylinder caliper brakes fluid Rota not allined. Etc surely that should be a starting point to check for piston etc. If you got dodgy brakes every thing to do with brakes should all be checked. Rather then just taking it out for a spin and saying no fault found. Just like the clutch. There was a fault with them I understand opel change suppliers. Maybe might have to do the same for brakes. Lucky enough my brakes do work. :roll:

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 pm

Crunchynut wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 pm
OPVX Customer Care wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 am
Good Morning,
For those on people on this thread that believe they have an issue on their brake system, I advise you to call customer care directly to have your vehicle booked into a dealership so we can investigate your concerns. I have placed all customer care phone numbers in my introduction thread.

I will start to reach out to the individuals noted in this "Brakes Failed" thread to advise you directly so our dealers can assist you. I will be asking you privately to give me your contact and vehicle details - once supplied I will have one of my SM Care team contact you directly to organise this.

Regards RR Your OV Team
Hats off to you for joining the forum and showing an interest, but having our cars looked at by dealers doesn't seem to be what is needed. The comments on here mostly confirm that dealers found no fault. My experience was not of total brake failure, but of the brake pedal being very long on a couple of occasions - so long as to cause momentary panic as the brakes don't operate in line with expectation (our feet/minds become very calibrated with what is normal). My dealer had the car in, bled the brakes (6 weeks after they had been done on service anyway) and reported all was normal.

You have heard the symptoms, so I suggest some pro-active FMEA work is done to identify failure modes that dealers are then asked specifically to check for, rather than waste time with benign checks.
Very well put.

OPVX Customer Care

Post by OPVX Customer Care » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 am

Hi Crunchynut and Redman.

Our teams are working to identify the concerns that consumers have noticed, joining this forum is a way to view what is being discussed.
Dealerships are completing tests and as some of you have discussed this seems to an intermittent item, therefore understandably not always present when the dealer is completing the investigations.

Now my intention is to now take this to the next level and work directly with each person that this has affected either before or after parts have been replaced for various reasons to see if both dealerships and engineering can discover the cause of what you are seeing or feeling when driving/braking in the vehicle...

I and Team are not technical by any means but we will ensure the right focus is presented to the dealership when we are having your vehicles investigated.

I hope this helps, as this is the main reason we are interacting on a non-Brand social media site.

regards RR OV Social Care Manager.
Opel Vauxhall Social Media Customer Care Team

Helping where we can.
TOP 5 Customer Care Contact phone numbers:
  • United Kingdom - 0800 0260 034
    Germany - 0049 699 5307 551
    Spain - 0034 902250025
    France - 0033 821980006
    Italy - 0039 0275419845

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:31 am

Well done opel/Vauxhall for taking a interest that means a lot to us. Thumbs up and joining the forum. PACMANIA. While your here wish the paint job would be a bit better not the best otherwise a great car

NickBeecham

Post by NickBeecham » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:22 am

It was me who began this thread and I said I would report back once my car had been looked at by the dealer. The dealer informed me that it "could not replicate the fault" that I had described and so effectively said that no fault was found. They told me that they would refer it up to "Vauxhall Technical" but that was 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing further. In the meantime, I have collected my car and have been driving it very carefully - so far the problem has not re-occurred.

JANEIAN

Post by JANEIAN » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

Get in touch direct with the guy from the Vauxhall customer service centre
You need to get your car back to the dealership asap

NickBeecham

Post by NickBeecham » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:58 am

Thank you Janeian. I have emailed them. Best wishes, Nick

OPVX Customer Care

Post by OPVX Customer Care » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:48 am

Hi Nick,
I have private messaged you and will look for your inbound email. As soon as I have your details I will get the dealership to provide their investigations and job cards to decide what the next steps are.

We will be in touch soon.

RR OV Social Care Team
Opel Vauxhall Social Media Customer Care Team

Helping where we can.
TOP 5 Customer Care Contact phone numbers:
  • United Kingdom - 0800 0260 034
    Germany - 0049 699 5307 551
    Spain - 0034 902250025
    France - 0033 821980006
    Italy - 0039 0275419845

Return to “Main Astra K chat”