Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Map Update 2019

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Redman 
#1 ·
I noticed that Here Maps have released next years map update for the Astra. It's dated 2019. In the UK it's £140 incl delivery. Last time I looked they were selling the 2018 version for less than £90.

#2 ·
Pricey!!! Cheaper to buy a new TomTom. I just use Waze or Google maps via AndroidAuto and that seems to work fine. no need to update the car's map IMO.

But if you do want to do that there are potentially other options out there. Navitotal were (allegedly) quite good for BMW maps at one time, though the Opel section looks quite outdated at the moment.

#5 ·
Red21120 said:
Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered the update on Monday, arrived yesterday and now updated (which took a while!).

Hopefully the traffic sign recognition on my car will now show correct speed limits in certain areas. Seems promising so far... :D

Anthony

#7 ·
LADmachining said:
Red21120 said:
Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered the update on Monday, arrived yesterday and now updated (which took a while!).

Hopefully the traffic sign recognition on my car will now show correct speed limits in certain areas. Seems promising so far... :D

Anthony
Hi
Are the speed camera icons still availabe in the poi section? only I have read posts about them not being on the new maps.

Cheers

#9 ·
LADmachining said:
Redman said:
Hi
Are the speed camera icons still availabe in the poi section? only I have read posts about them not being on the new maps.

Cheers
Not sure, which check and report back.
The option to display safety cameras is still present in the list of POIs.

Anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.