Comments please on Astra I bought on Friday from biggest Stealer in south west.

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
11thastra

Comments please on Astra I bought on Friday from biggest Stealer in south west.

Post by 11thastra » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:44 pm

The Astra I bought in Friday was supposed to have been serviced, what do you think to these pictures I’ve taken tonight as after dipping the oil and checking the brake fluid I have severe doubts that anything other than a top up of the engine oils was done...

D0976F07-A25F-4151-96CC-ABA36074FC8B.jpeg

A9D84374-26A8-4A10-B1AF-E32B86668C46.jpeg

DD579A97-B791-4AEB-9191-871F781A3766.jpeg

24/mk 7
Astra Model: 1.6t 200s/s
Astra Colour: Granite grey

Re: Comments please on Astra I bought on Friday from biggest Stealer in south west.

Post by 24/mk 7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Don't think it's had the work done the oil doesn't go black over nite unless the filter has not been changed but the oil has,the airfilter may not have seen daylight since autumn last year presuming ur car is a used one .The brake fluid might be low due to worn pads if the service book has been stamped there's something not right challenge the dealer on this after taking advice from the citizen's advice bureau ..could also be running on wrong oil...don't accept this...

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Comments please on Astra I bought on Friday from biggest Stealer in south west.

Post by Ivanzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Low brake fluid can be caused by failing clutch cylinder.

Kuro
Astra Model: Sri nav 136 cdti
Astra Options: 18 inch bi-colour alloys
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Kuro » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm

My pug 308 was serviced when I bought it and the oil was black after a few thousand miles. I was a bit concerned but If you google the subject there is conflicting reports on how quickly it degrades so I am assuming its normal.

If you are worried I would call them and confirm but wouldn't a dealer be leaving themselves wide open if they skimped on something like changing the oil?

11thastra

Post by 11thastra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Kuro wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm
My pug 308 was serviced when I bought it and the oil was black after a few thousand miles. I was a bit concerned but If you google the subject there is conflicting reports on how quickly it degrades so I am assuming its normal.

If you are worried I would call them and confirm but wouldn't a dealer be leaving themselves wide open if they skimped on something like changing the oil?
Hi Kuro.
It has only done 250 miles since it was allegedly changed.
There were no fresh oil marks around the drain plug or the filter housing..
The oil was also very thin, a sign it is due to be changed...
I would guess the only thing to have been changed was the oil life count down function🙄

Kuro
Astra Model: Sri nav 136 cdti
Astra Options: 18 inch bi-colour alloys
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Kuro » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 pm

11thastra wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:16 pm
Kuro wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Kuro.
It has only done 250 miles since it was allegedly changed.
There were no fresh oil marks around the drain plug or the filter housing..
The oil was also very thin, a sign it is due to be changed...
I would guess the only thing to have been changed was the oil life count down function🙄
I would call them out on it. I also live in the south west and my astra came from EH in Plymouth. They were pretty good when I had problems with the car.

LADmachining
Astra Model: Astra-K 1.6 CDTi SRi Nav 136
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by LADmachining » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:36 pm

How old is the car and how many miles has it done?

The air filter isn't changed every service, so will be due on the next one.

Brake fluid is changed every two years regardless of mileage.

The 5W30 oil is thin anyway, so that is no reliable indication of whether it is serviceable or not. Admittedly, the colour of it does not look good.

11thastra

Post by 11thastra » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:57 pm

LADmachining wrote:How old is the car and how many miles has it done?

The air filter isn't changed every service, so will be due on the next one.

Brake fluid is changed every two years regardless of mileage.

The 5W30 oil is thin anyway, so that is no reliable indication of whether it is serviceable or not. Admittedly, the colour of it does not look good.
After complaining to the dealer they have agree to pay for an major service at Vauxhall.
No dealer should allow a car out with an air filter in that condition, especially after it’s had and passed a 82 point RAC quality box ticking inspection...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Main Astra K chat”