The END of ONSTAR

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Re: The END of ONSTAR

Post by danh23 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Think it's called conectiv which the new software is called according to Vauxhall customer care through a phone call and there website
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Dannyruss1
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4 Energy 100hp 5 door
Astra Options: On Star
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Dannyruss1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 am

i had been told when i pressed blue button and called onstar that EU will require a emergency assist service after 2020, so this will replace this, i bet that they will offer something like Peugeot Connect, their emergency assist service

Dave Cooke
Astra Model: 1.0T ecoflex sri nav
Astra Colour: Granite Grey

Post by Dave Cooke » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 pm

To be honest, Onstar is crap! I have had no end of trouble trouble with it. It now only works when I am in the car with the engine running! I have had a few calls to the help centre, who appear to know what they are doing, at the time, but the next time I use it, sod all works! I could only find my car’s location, if it was stolen, by actually sitting in the car!! A waste of money in my opinion, so in advance of the cessation of the service, I shall be cancelling it forthwith. My next car ( Insignia Grand Sport SRI Nav Vx Line) will not have it enabled. That’s for certain. I love my Astra, but t’aint big enough, so I will let it go with happy memories!
Astra 1.0T ecoflex sri nav. Granite Grey.

astramaster

Post by astramaster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Dannyruss1 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 am
EU will require a emergency assist service after 2020, so this will replace this, i bet that they will offer something like Peugeot Connect, their emergency assist service
That's only valid in new vehicles.
The OnStar blue button will not have any function at all! :oops:

Return to “Main Astra K chat”