Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Best MPG so far

30K views 79 replies 43 participants last post by  GATGK 
G
#1 ·
After spending 3 days since I got my Sri 1.6t 200 seeing how fast I could go, I decided a better game was how high could I get my MPG to display.
On a run from Norwich to Great Yarmouth and back I managed to break the 50mpg mark, mainly on dual carriageway. That seems quite good to me but as I did not have a trip computer on my Astra GTC 1.4t I cannot make a comparison.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
If all onboard computers are as accurate as mine then they over read by about 15%

I recently did a couple of long journeys with some steady driving so brimmed the tank at each end of the trips. I got an actual 46mpg (51.5mpg on the trip computer) at around 70mph and in general use with a mixture of driving we get about 37mpg (42.5mpg on the trip computer).

#11 ·
Running Costco 99 Super Unleaded just now and on average seeing about 44 mpg on the trip. Though that is a mixture of high speed runs (70 to 80mph motorway cruises and being stuck in traffic around Edinburgh). I really must at some point take mine out to do a eco run and see what I can get out of it. Then I'll put it in for a remap and see what I can get after that, once the knocking noise issue has been sorted.

#14 ·
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200 ks
In last aprox 5600 km, average is 7.3 l/100km
Or 38.7 mpg
This includes winter and summer time
And i always keep the left lane
My average speed driving is 47 km/h (29.2 mph) so that includes city driving as stated

Usually i drive alone

#15 ·
I recently achieved my best ever calculated MPG of 44.6. The dash said 50.1 which goes to show that you should really ignore whatever it says.

I've also found that running Momentum 99 consistently gives me an extra 4 MPG, paying only 5p a litre more for it over regular unleaded seems like a no-brainer to me.

#17 ·
ultrashock said:
For 69.6km, the average consumption was 4.9L/100 or 58 MPG - driven in highway and country roads. This is for 1.4T 150ps, nice :)
I don't even know how is this possible. I have the same car specs as you, the best I've done is 5.0l/100km and it isn't even accurate as the trip computer over reads. In reality is 10% higher.

Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Plant

Attachments

#19 ·
In my 1.4T auto on a fairly short very economic drive (10 miles) I managed to achieve over 70mpg. The complete journey which was mostly motorway still came out at 60mpg. Fuel was roughly 50/50 Tesco Momentum and Sainsbury's Super. Speed was mostly around 50mph.

This engine can deliver amazing economy but only if you don't use the turbo!

Attachments

#20 ·
Best I've managed is 62mpg, that was on a run to good wood FOS this past Friday. Although it soon dropped when I hit traffic obviously.

Other than that I managed 54 on a trip up to Newcastle last year.

I've recently changed jobs to somewhere a bit further away and I can manage 50mpg on the journey there and back.

All from a 1.6T! Although as other have said, only if you don't floor it.

#21 ·
From my 1.6 cdti 136 i get between 68 and 72mpg showing on the car on all tanks of fuel, thile car isused for a daily 92 mile commute with a combination of city, twisty a roads and motorway driving.

All tanks return between 700 and 800 miles each time to the point where the low fuel warning sharts flashing

My car has a superchips remap

#22 ·
On my 1.6cdti 136, I get 73 mpg pretty much consistently. That is long drives on the weekend of motorways and a and b roads. Then short town drives to work in the week. Get about 700 to 750 miles out of a tank.

#23 ·
Rob14 said:
On my 1.6cdti 136, I get 73 mpg pretty much consistently. That is long drives on the weekend of motorways and a and b roads. Then short town drives to work in the week. Get about 700 to 750 miles out of a tank.
I have same engine as yours but 100bhp and hardly get over 60mpg now I do mainly a and b roads for work

#24 ·
iavorid said:
ultrashock said:
For 69.6km, the average consumption was 4.9L/100 or 58 MPG - driven in highway and country roads. This is for 1.4T 150ps, nice :)
I don't even know how is this possible. I have the same car specs as you, the best I've done is 5.0l/100km and it isn't even accurate as the trip computer over reads. In reality is 10% higher.
This happens only once :) Last week i had a trip do the seaside and with 3 more passengers, language and speed about 120-140km/h on the highway i got about 5.8-6l/100km.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.