2019MY Updates

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Re: 2019MY Updates

Post by Finston Pickle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks for the update - I will look under the front seats for air ducts - mine's a MY 17, but was built in the cusp between MY 16.5 and 17 so could have bits of both (it did get the colour coded shark's fin etc., but also acoustic sound deadening under the bonnet and front wheel arches etc.)
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Ivanzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:55 pm

This only applies to MY19.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 pm

I have ducts under the seat.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

Ollie222
Astra Model: 1.6T 200 Elite Nav

Post by Ollie222 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 pm
Thanks for the update - I will look under the front seats for air ducts - mine's a MY 17, but was built in the cusp between MY 16.5 and 17 so could have bits of both (it did get the colour coded shark's fin etc., but also acoustic sound deadening under the bonnet and front wheel arches etc.)
All 1.6T's have the acoustic pack.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel

Post by nsanderson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Yes, all 1.6T petrol and BiTurbo diesel models have the acoustic pack and the Watt's Link. I have to say I still feel miffed that they were both removed and I could have done with the Watt's Link when doing some spirited driving the other day and had the rear end go very loose! :evil:

I've had this car for just over 2 years now and it just hasn't felt like an SRi should so unless I can get hold of a decent 1.6T model with 18" wheels, I may very well start looking elsewhere, even an end of the line J of some sort.

The rear heating ducts are under the front seats and have been a standard feature all the way back to the MK4 I think?
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Kuro
Astra Model: Sri nav 136 cdti
Astra Options: 18 inch bi-colour alloys
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Kuro » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 am

Is this downgrading common in the motor industry? The only other instance I can remember this happening was when mg rover introduced the cost cutting project drive prior to when they went tits up.

I've also never come across a car where you have to pay extra for sound proofing!

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.6T SRi 200 Nav
Astra Options: AGR seat, winter pack,parking sensors, spare wheel

Post by nsanderson » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am

Kuro wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 am
Is this downgrading common in the motor industry? The only other instance I can remember this happening was when mg rover introduced the cost cutting project drive prior to when they went tits up.

I've also never come across a car where you have to pay extra for sound proofing!
Vauxhall have removed various bits from the cars as they went along. Of things that I know of, the Astra J SRi lost the spare wheel, the ambient lighting in the doors, the electric handbrake and the sunglasses holder but never anything structural.
All sound proofing and the Watt's Link were present right up until the end on the actual performance models, though the Watt's link may have been removed on the entry level engine models around about the time of the mustache face-lift?

With the K, the Watt's link went after about 3 months along with the sound proofing which is just pathetic to be honest. The fact that everyone test drove a car with both pieces on and then ended up with a car without either is just deceitful.
1.6T (200) SRi Nav - Power Red, AGR seat, winter pack, parking sensors, spare wheel,

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:49 pm

I can only assume the Watts linkage was removed to reduce cost and unsprung mass. On the lower versions with the more rigid body I suspect its effect was limited. Just strange to have it for three months then remove? Unless it was for production line ease as the K never really required it due to extra rigidity of its body shell?

However, it should have been communicated the exact rationale, we all know cost is one factor. Ford are similar to VX at removing stuff but VAG SEAT, VW, Audi and Skoda seem to add stuff. My MY18 Leon came with two extra USB ports in the rear, higher end models got illuminated sill protectors and the Cupra got a digital dash and DSG for the same price as a manual and even a small price reduction!

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar

Post by Paulch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:20 pm

nsanderson wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am
The fact that everyone test drove a car with both pieces on and then ended up with a car without either is just deceitful.
Hi

I do love it when people write things such as the above without actually having any hard evidence to back up their facts.

The car I bought has both so to claim as fact that everyone test drove a car with both items and then ended up with a car without either is just plain incorrect.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Did he mean the press?
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

Return to “Main Astra K chat”