Android Auto Google maps

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Markkelsall
Astra Model: SRI CDTI 1.6 136
Astra Options: Nothing ... Adding them...
Astra Colour: Summit White

Android Auto Google maps

Post by Markkelsall » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi all
Just a couple of things, haven't got the SRI nav just the SRI and use android Auto with google maps for my Nav, 1 can you turn the radio off when using AA ? and 2 when the radio is on the voice commands from Google maps is very quiet in comparison to the radio can this be adjusted? and if so how?

Many thanks
M

zoidberg
Astra Model: Techline 1.6 cdti 110 ecoflex
Astra Options: Spare Wheel
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Re: Android Auto Google maps

Post by zoidberg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:18 pm

If you change the volume when the navigation is speaking it will make that louder but maintain the volume of the radio. I think there is also something in settings for this too.

Celery82

Post by Celery82 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:58 pm

I could also do with some help with android auto.

I have it installed via my galaxy s8. I have both waze and Google maps installed on my phone. I have vodafone as my network provider.

When android auto comes through the intellilink I use Google maps as my choice of navigation. I put the address of where I want to go and the route shows on the screen but I just get the flashing blue dot in the circle at my start point. I get no navigation or voice commands as I move off . No matter where I drive to nothing happens ( I'm under the impression I should be following a arrow?). I've used another phone on the 02 network to rule out signal issues but get the same problem. The intellilink always shows full signal strength.

Any help with Google maps would be great.

As I've said I also have waze installed, it works but it's hit and miss, sometimes I get the similar issues. I must add I have all location settings enabled on both the phones I tried and both apps work fine when navigating from the phone itself, I get full navigation with voice commands. The problems seem to arise when connected through android auto. I have also tried two different usb cables to rule out any issues there to.

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Celery82 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:58 pm
I could also do with some help with android auto.

I have it installed via my galaxy s8. I have both waze and Google maps installed on my phone. I have vodafone as my network provider.

When android auto comes through the intellilink I use Google maps as my choice of navigation. I put the address of where I want to go and the route shows on the screen but I just get the flashing blue dot in the circle at my start point. I get no navigation or voice commands as I move off . No matter where I drive to nothing happens ( I'm under the impression I should be following a arrow?). I've used another phone on the 02 network to rule out signal issues but get the same problem. The intellilink always shows full signal strength.

Any help with Google maps would be great.

As I've said I also have waze installed, it works but it's hit and miss, sometimes I get the similar issues. I must add I have all location settings enabled on both the phones I tried and both apps work fine when navigating from the phone itself, I get full navigation with voice commands. The problems seem to arise when connected through android auto. I have also tried two different usb cables to rule out any issues there to.
It could be your phone trying to connect with the car wifi try turning the wifi off on the phone see if that works
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Celery82

Post by Celery82 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 pm

I've been outside to take a look. Still the same even when playing around with the Wi-Fi settings. Google maps keeps saying " searching for gps". As I said earlier tried two different phones on two different networks still can't get any navigation through the intellilink.

Ty5500

Post by Ty5500 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 am

If i'm not mistaken google maps uses the car its gps if there is one for locating(is not the case here). Waze uses the gps of the phone. Might explain why waze works better, something might go wrong there.

Regarding the no signal, mostly power saving settings or battery optimisation settings on the phone are to blame. I'd turn these off to try

Ovens1966
Astra Model: Only 1.4 design
Astra Options: Parking package
Astra Colour: Carbon flash

Post by Ovens1966 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:44 pm

Fitted yesterday no problems found