All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
regodulaz
Astra Model: 1.4 150HP AT6
Astra Options: Dynamic
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Sports Seats Discomfort

Post by regodulaz » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 am

Hello everyone

I wonder if you find the sports seats uncomfortable. I have been trying to find a comfortable position with the seat. I tried changing the tilt, height and distance but I couldn't find a comfortable driving position. I have always suffered from back pain after driving. I find the inherent lumbar support (unadjustable) of the seats especially uncomfortable. Are there anybody out there who are perfectly happy with the seats? Should I visit a doctor?
1.4 150 AT6 Deep Sky Blue - Dynamic

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: Sports Seats Discomfort

Post by AdieMcc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:28 am

I find the sri seats comfortable enough. Buy one of them jml lumber support for your seat, might be better.
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

Chris
Astra Model: Elite Nav
Astra Options: Driver Assist and Parking Pack
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Chris » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:35 pm

I find them very comfortable
Chris
Astra 1.4. Turbo Automatic Elite NAV with Drivers Assist and Parking Pack. Emerald Green

Kuro
Astra Model: Sri nav 136 cdti
Astra Options: 18 inch bi-colour alloys
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Kuro » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:50 pm

I thought the seats in my old j were better and took a while to get used to the k. I find them okay now.

ipettkov
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T AT 2018
Astra Options: Winter 2, AGR, Nav, LED, OPC interior pack, P pack
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by ipettkov » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Dude, I changed a brand new car because of the awful driving position and seat! It was a year old! The main reason for chosing the astra ARE the AGR seats! You can adjust absolutely everything on them.. TILT of the basis, lumbar support, basis extender also the steering wheel can be pulled a lot which is MY FAVORITE because as a tall person I almost always suffer from the steering wheel being too far away from me.. the lumbar support moves not only front and back but up and down did you know that? That changes the height of the support wherever your back needs it. Find the basic principles of adjusting the driver's seat and follow them - angles of the legs, the body, distance from pedals and steering wheel. Do mind that if any other part of your body is under tension your other parts of the body are trying to compensate it and hurt. I'm 1.90cm and I haven't sat in more comfortable seat and I've driven quite a few cars. Also when you pull the seat extender the erconomics of the basis changes its ergonomics. My advise is to calm down do a research on how you should sit in your car so your body isn't under any tension and start experimenting again! You do know that the switch for the lumbar support is a 4 way button, right? I really think that that's the seat that can be manipulated the most. I do hear you, I know what a nightmare an uncomfortable seat and driving position can cause. Most of the people without back problems cannot understand. I wish you luck!
Astra K 1.6T AT
17" Alloys, Winter 2 pack, OPC interior pack( perforated steering wheel, aluminim pedals, sports mode & black ceiling),AGR semi-electric, Parking pack( rear cam,BSP), IntelliNav with Matrix LED Headlights

Yozza
Astra Model: 2016 1.6 CDTI SRI Sports Tourer
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Yozza » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 am

I have the SRI Sports Tourer and I suffer with a bad back. Admittedly when I first got my Astra it took me a while to get a comfortable position. I have since done a few long runs and the position is spot on now
Vauxhall Astra SRI Sports Tourer 1.6 CDTI in Summit White

ipettkov
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T AT 2018
Astra Options: Winter 2, AGR, Nav, LED, OPC interior pack, P pack
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Post by ipettkov » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Yeah at first the aggresive bolsters feel awkward but I've actually realised that they do me a big favor because they don't allow your body moving sideways at all and the back benefits a lot from that either !
It's awkard because most of us are used to drive with legs more spread which is not orthopedical :) I love the seats ! Not only I can find comfortable position but I can choose different positions which are comfortable for me(low, high more inclined etc)! Awesome seats! It can be comfusing when you get so many settings in a seat because you do not know how you should feel the support due to the ordinary seats being fixed for you! So read the manual - there is a little instruction! Search in the web also!

Astra K 1.6T AT
17" Alloys, Winter 2 pack, OPC interior pack( perforated steering wheel, aluminim pedals, sports mode & black ceiling),AGR semi-electric, Parking pack( rear cam,BSP), IntelliNav with Matrix LED Headlights

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 pm

I'm 6'5 and they are on the floor and tilted back and I find the great.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

regodulaz
Astra Model: 1.4 150HP AT6
Astra Options: Dynamic
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by regodulaz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Thank you for the answers guys. Now I know that the problem is with my back rather than the seats. Maybe it is a temporary thing as in the summer I drove 700 kms in my car in a day and did not feel any discomfort at all.
1.4 150 AT6 Deep Sky Blue - Dynamic

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:51 pm

The reason why i never bring my car in washing service (i wash it once a week always on my own) is: they always change my seat position...so anoying....please never touch my seat...it is exactly as it should be. Never ever touch it :-p
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Return to “Main Astra K chat”