Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

A few things!

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  trembel 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I have a 66 plate astra and am planning on upgrading my dipped beam and high beam to Philips white vision bulbs, I've seen on a previous post that a few people bought these but was wondering if anyone had any before and after pictures to show the difference?
Am I right in thinking the dipped beam are H7 and the high beam are H1?

Also my front wipers have been very juddery since I got the car two weeks ago, is this a common thing with the OEM wipers? As the last car I had from new for two and a half years didn't have this problem at all.

Last thing, as I bought the car second hand I didn't have the option of extras such as the powerflex bar and after reading the discussions on here about it I'm not sure I want it, but I was wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket replacement for the pathetic cubby hole in front of the gear stick?

#3 ·
Hi Josh,
Congrats on the car! Re the lightbulbs - it is very easy to open and check the non IntelliLux lights and see the bulbs for yourself, but I think you are right, should be H7 (maybe inside the car manual as well).
Re the wipers - you need to change, they dont judder.
As for the replacement of the cubby hole - forget it. There will never be replacement, as the fusebox is just behind this plastic cover, hence thats why its shallow. You can, however, swap it for this powerflex bar if this helps.

#4 ·
Don't go for white vision. Light is still to yellowish compared to DRL and in rainy dark conditions doesn't work well. It has something to do with spectral characteristics of projected light (more blue instead of yellow). Go for some higher brightness bulbs as Philips Racing Vision, BOSCH Gigalight Plus 120, OSRAM Night Vision Laser etc.

#5 ·
trembel said:
Don't go for white vision. Light is still to yellowish compared to DRL and in rainy dark conditions doesn't work well. It has something to do with spectral characteristics of projected light (more blue instead of yellow). Go for some higher brightness bulbs as Philips Racing Vision, BOSCH Gigalight Plus 120, OSRAM Night Vision Laser etc.
But they arnt road legal?

#6 ·
Those are all road legal, at least in the EU. All above are rated for 55W even being bit more powerful. Only downside is shorter lifespan. I had OSRAMs and it lasted for about 10 months partially thanks to auto light option which switches lights on/off more often than it should. Now I've chosen Philips Racing Vision, just to compare. Both are in the same price range around 25 EUR.
Road not legal are halogen bulbs with white/blueish colour over 4300 K and/or more powerful ones usually 80W or even 100W. Those can even melt parts of the projectors in some cases. Always look for ECE approval.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.