Paint issues

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
cornishtaz

Paint issues

Post by cornishtaz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Anyone had issues with paint on their Astra. I've had mine since December and covered 4300 miles and the front end has like 60 stone chips right down to the primer with the biggest one being close to 7mm long, also got one on the rear door next to the door handle.

My old GTC and VXR both suffered badly and ended up getting a respray under warranty.

I'm go8ng to speak to my warranty manager to see what can be done.

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Paint issues

Post by Paulch » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi

Yes I have a couple of really bad ones on the bonnet and a lesser one on the drivers wing. Also on the front bumper there are quite a few places where the black (plastic?) is showing through the Red. Everytime I wash it I find more.

I shall be mentioning it to the dealer when I take it in for the fuel update but I'm not impressed with the paint. My old Astra H had very few stone chips after 8 years and 110K miles.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

somervillearron
Astra Model: 2016 astra k elite
Astra Options: everything
Astra Colour: power red

Post by somervillearron » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:51 pm

is your car red?

i got mine brand new a few months back and i had chips everywhere after 1000 miles,i have had many cars most of them really old cars and i can honestly say i have never experienced this before!.

my car now has 8034 miles on the clock and it is covered in chips most rite down to the primer,they are even on the wing but mostly on the bonnet! i think this is surely a issue with the power red paint because i have looked at a few red vauxhalls most of them are flame red i think and they dont have anything near the ammount of chips mine does and i am talking 5/6 year old cars

The Northumbrian
Astra Model: 1.6 CDTi 136
Astra Colour: White

Post by The Northumbrian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Not just power red as I have the same problem. The paint appears to chip really easily. Live the car except for this.
Emerald Green 1.4t Sri auto 150 with winter pack and parking assist

Sanitizer
Astra Model: Astra K 136 Elite SS
Astra Options: Blackvue F&R Dash Cams, DPF Light, Mud Flaps.
Astra Colour: Astroid Grey

Post by Sanitizer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:25 pm

I have one on the top of the bumper next too the bonnet... Getting the top panel/ bumper wrapped in clear.
Paul W...

James 33
Astra Model: Elite Nav 1.4 turbo (with a drink problem)
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by James 33 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Not noticed any chips yet after nearly 3k miles but have a couple of scratches already. One on the back door about 2 inches long down to the primer and another on the nearside front wing that I'm hoping will polish out
Emerald Green Elite Nav 1.4 Turbo

cooldad
Astra Model: 1.6 SRi Turbo 200PS
Astra Options: 18" Alloys + IntelliLux LED Matrix Headlights

Post by cooldad » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:57 am

Believe it or not, my car was actually delivered with a couple of stone chips, which I didn't notice immediately!! :o :o When I complained to the dealer, they sent out a repair bloke to my house who did an excellent job.

I've actually taken out insurance to cover minor damage, but found out it doesn't cover the bi-colour (diamond cut) alloys, which is a bit naughty! :x
Astra 1.6 SRi Turbo 200 PS / 150 kW, Power Red.
'Intellilux' headlights, 18 in / 45 cm bi-colour alloys, driving assistance pack, advanced parking pack.

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Anupanu » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:14 am

From the posts above it would seem that Power Red and Emerald green are the main culprits to stone chipping?

Any other examples of excessive chipping?
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including current Elite in Emerald Green 1.6CDTi 110
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia ST
Scotia Grey Discovery Sport HSE Lux

Dannyruss1
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4 Energy 100hp 5 door
Astra Options: On Star

Post by Dannyruss1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Not noticed any stone chips but got some paint nibs on the back door right at the edge by the handle and on passenger door sill not noticed any stone chips but will keep eye on it

Proph
Astra Model: 1.0T SRI NAV Ecoflex (105) S/S
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Proph » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:03 pm

I've got a big dirty one on the passenger between the windscreen and passenger door down to primer, really don't understand how a rock that size flicked up there and mine is summit white.
1.0 Turbo SRI NAV (105) Start/Stop Ecoflex in White
powerflex bar, silver rimsavers & matching piano black driving instructor roof sign