Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

1.6 136ps recall

10K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Spongebob290 
G
#1 ·
Just had a notification on my OnStar app that my Astra is due in for a recall, I check mostly every week so this is pretty new.

I've had the radio update 4/5 month ago, does anyone know what this recall relates to?...

#6 ·
Sentinel said:
jt123, mine don't look exactly the same as not same device, but yes.
I got similar message and just called my local dealer and said I had it, they checked, then booked car in for Friday.
Mine was only in for a service a 2 weeks ago. I believe they did the software update then. No idea about the radiator pipe though. I'll have to give them a call and see what it is I guess!

#16 ·
Anybody heard anything about this? 17-R-058. Nothing appears in MyVauxhall now and dealer says the only recall on my car is the radiator hose/air con line thing. I am suspicious after the VW emissions fraud and dreadful update, especially when Vauxhall customer service refuse to explain what it is meant to do - "this is not with reference to a Product Safety Recall, however, we would recommend for this to be carried out, in order for your vehicle to perform as expected." and "This will correct certain components within your vehicle and maintain the running of that vehicle." However they refused to explain what the fix"?" does - "Unfortunately, as we are not technically trained, we would be unable to provide you with the specific technical information regarding this matter." This non-obligatory fix has disappeared from the official owner website, so I fear they will just do it anyway in secrecy to keep KBA happy.

#17 ·
Hmm.. I was actually pleased when they did this yesterday. Made me suspicious now. (First garage for annual service actually didn't bother) They also did something on the exhaust system.. and the Intellilink radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.