Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

How to check/update maps on Navi 900?

36K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  stu.d 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Just got the car a few days ago and still playing around with it all, however I can't seem to find out how to check maps version and if a new one is available or not......and how to update it if I'm running old maps?

System tells me I have the following details:

Software: 84096811
Gracenote: 23199236. (don't know what gracenote even is?)
Map: 84009389

Onstar just passes me through to Vauxhall, then I get passed from pillar to post with them....dealer I got the car from tells me to phone again next week when a bloke is back from holiday.

#3 ·
Thanks for the link.....£125 for an update is a bit over the top if you ask me????

Plus, unless I'm going blind....I can't tell the update version numbers to know which are old versions and whats the new version??? I might be on the latest map and not even know it?

#4 ·
The update process is a nonsense.
I bought my Astra Elite Nav 1.6 in March, a Feb 17 build (MY17) and suspected my map was an old version. My version number displayed in the car was 84131960. I contacted both VX customer service and the map suppliers HERE. Eventually VX CS agreed my map was out of date and arranged for the new software to be supplied via my dealer parts dept. When I finally loaded the update it turned out that this was exactly the same as what was already installed in the car. VX CS apologised for their error. The problem is that the software number showing on the car display does not correlate with the product number of the map software HERE supply. Amazingly VX CS cannot confirm the map software number that is the latest version. They did however say that a new update was due soon (this conversation was in June). Interestingly the cost of this recently released version has gone down from £149 plus postage, to £119.
This process compares really poorly with Mazda. My other car, an MX5, comes with free updates (approx every 6 months) for 3 years. In view of the costs VX require I think I'll postpone updating until the 2018 version is released.

#6 ·
I have just looked on the HERE website and there is a section called "map creator" which is whats used by people/users to keep the HERE maps up to date, which is clever....although cheeky to charge so much for updates if a lot of the updates are given to them from users.

Anyway, I thought I would have a look at it as the map version in my car 84009389 does not recognise the street I live in (new build estate, been living here 2 years now).....so I put in my postcode on the map creator part and it definitely is finding my postcode.....so can I assume that a newer map update to mine will have my street.....and loads of other places too?

#16 ·
Malcky said:
Has anyone else been able to see if the above address is found on their cars satnav?

Thanks
For what it's worth it does show on my Garmin, but that does have an update several times a year, for free!
The road is on Google Maps but not named at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/KY4/@56.1171567,-3.3580364,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x488632b19b7b0f0d:0x2e46b86c81d95773!8m2!3d56.1459063!4d-3.3920344
and not on street view as it hadn't been built in 2009 when the car went past nearby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.