What's the best/strangest thing you've called OnStar for?

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
paul.pearson

What's the best/strangest thing you've called OnStar for?

Post by paul.pearson » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:49 am

I haven't found any reason to call an OnStar advisor apart from setting up the service in the first place. The on board navigation is pretty comprehensive and I just use my phone if I can't find a location. I guess there are one or two other things people use the service for so I was just wondering, what is the most interesting, amusing or strangest thing you have spoken to an advisor for? ☺️

AdieMcc
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150
Astra Options: Reversing sensors
Astra Colour: Black

Re: What's the best/strangest thing you've called OnStar for?

Post by AdieMcc » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:06 am

Phoning onstar is useless...all they tell you is visit your local dealer,if you have a problem with car.
Astra K 1.4T 150 Nav. Black,18" wheels, sensors front/back, heated seats/steering wheel, shark fin aerial, washed every 2 days :D

jt123
Astra Model: 2016 - 1.6 CDTI SRi
Astra Options: Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Powerflex Bar
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by jt123 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 pm

I've never called anyone, but I do like the other onstar features on the App viewing car location etc.

I'll probably use the Call function for the first time when it comes to renewing the Onstar subscription

LDM88
Astra Model: Astra VII Sri
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by LDM88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:40 am

My wife had an accident in her new Corsa, OnStar called her almost immediately to see if everything was OK and if we required emergency assistance. They also got Vauxhall Assist to contact us to arrange recover, hire car and repair.

Can't fault them, the system works!

jammyjim
Astra Model: 2017 136 Elite Nav sports tourer
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by jammyjim » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Used it once so far for directions because it's there works OK.

Fred_Scuttle
Astra Model: Astra k SRi Navy 1.4T
Astra Colour: Sovereign Silver

Post by Fred_Scuttle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am

Arrived home back from holiday after leaving my car at the airport. It was 2am in the morning and Mrs Scuttle and i were tired but relaxed. I live in a very quiet residential neighbourhood, most nights you can hear a pin drop after 10pm. I press the key fob to lock the car and the car alarm starts going off! Timed out after a few minutes, then a few seconds later started again and kept on repeating the cycle. By now, curtains twitching, neighbours lights going on etc, me panicking, what do i do? Long story short. Drove off down the road and through town with the alarm beeping away and eventually found a quiet car park, the alarm still blaring away. Phoned on star in desperation and they were great. Said that the alarm system software had crashed and needed to be reset. Told me to get out the driver's door then lock the car. Go around to the passenger door, unlock the car, and get in the passenger door side. Voila, success! If that hadn't worked they would have called someone out to attend to it. Can't fault the service.

It all happened a month ago now and there has been no repetition. I know i should take the Astra into the dealer but i'm leaving it until it is due for a service in a few weeks time.

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Fred_Scuttle wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am
Arrived home back from holiday after leaving my car at the airport. It was 2am in the morning and Mrs Scuttle and i were tired but relaxed. I live in a very quiet residential neighbourhood, most nights you can hear a pin drop after 10pm. I press the key fob to lock the car and the car alarm starts going off! Timed out after a few minutes, then a few seconds later started again and kept on repeating the cycle. By now, curtains twitching, neighbours lights going on etc, me panicking, what do i do? Long story short. Drove off down the road and through town with the alarm beeping away and eventually found a quiet car park, the alarm still blaring away. Phoned on star in desperation and they were great. Said that the alarm system software had crashed and needed to be reset. Told me to get out the driver's door then lock the car. Go around to the passenger door, unlock the car, and get in the passenger door side. Voila, success! If that hadn't worked they would have called someone out to attend to it. Can't fault the service.

It all happened a month ago now and there has been no repetition. I know i should take the Astra into the dealer but i'm leaving it until it is due for a service in a few weeks time.
Hi
That is useful to know , how to reset the alarm . I had my alarm go off when unlocking it one morning. For love nor money I couldn't shut it up with either of the keys,it eventually stopped on its own. Never crossed my mind to ring onstar.
It hasn't done it since but I now know how to reset it. Thanks

Steve

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Post by Redman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Redman wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:43 pm
Fred_Scuttle wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:48 am

Hi
That is useful to know , how to reset the alarm . I had my alarm go off when unlocking it one morning. For love nor money I couldn't shut it up with either of the keys,it eventually stopped on its own. Never crossed my mind to ring onstar.
It hasn't done it since but I now know how to reset it. Thanks

Steve
Ps was putting key in ignition significant after entering the passenger door,

Return to “Main Astra K chat”