Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Sport Button Astra Elite

42K views 82 replies 23 participants last post by  Kemalwebnet 
#1 ·
Hi,

Can the sport button be retrofitted into the Astra Elite.

#4 ·
Have then managed to get the VCI code programmed into the car by an Opel dealer her in Norway.
Have also fitted a brand New sport button (Complete unit behind the gir shifter), but the sport button does not lights up and there is no response to the car..

Is there anyone With the sport button fitted that can respond to some of my questions?

- is there any Sport settings under the settings menu ?
- is there anyone that can provide a Picture of all the fusebox in the car (under bonnet, inside the car and in the boot)?
- is there any sport settings in the instrument clusters menu?

regards

#5 ·
NIGHTCD said:
Have then managed to get the VCI code programmed into the car by an Opel dealer her in Norway.
Have also fitted a brand New sport button (Complete unit behind the gir shifter), but the sport button does not lights up and there is no response to the car..

Is there anyone With the sport button fitted that can respond to some of my questions?

- is there anyone that can provide a Picture of all the fusebox in the car (under bonnet, inside the car and in the boot)?

regards
I can help with these two

No
No , it just pops up on the Screen with "Sport Mode on" or "Sport Mode off" when you press the button.

#12 ·
#13 ·
So it sounds like you've got the wiring in the console loom but not from there to the BCM. You need to check youve got the following by checking the multiplug behind the panel next to the clutch pedal.
Pin 11 green wire goes to pin 8 of brown plug in BCM
Pin 27 grey wire goes to pin 23 of green plug in BCM
The BCM is located in the A pillar behind glovebox.

I'd check for these before carrying out more reprogramming

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Hello

Have not found anything that looks like the plugs you have in the picture, do you know exactly where to look?

Have had off the panels towards the middle of the car (airbag module) and left and right kick panel (towards the doors)

Do you also have wiring diagram for the connector for the buttons behind gearshifter?

Ps. Got a lefthand drive car

#15 ·
The BCM is located behind the trim at the bottom of the A pillar on the LH side.

The other plug is behind the RH trim panel of the centre console and is easier to get to by removing the support bar held in by 2 13mm bolts. It has a pink release handle.

These are the locations for RHD cars the LHD cars maybe the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Latest update..

Got the insert (terminals) for the plugs to the BCM (have a lot of them), but need the insert (terminals) for the multiplug. (Anyone got some or know where to get hold of some)

Got the sport Button to light up, have not have the time to test it fully yet..

#24 ·
Latest update. Have done an configure of the IPC and now the "Sport mode on/off" working.

Configured the engine ECU but no notisable diffirents in throttle response when engaging the sport button (that i can feel, but the car responds more to the throttle with or without the sport button engaged)

The gearing (my is an automatic) worked from day one. (In spesific speed it is gearing down)

The steering is there any motisable feeling, or is it only more direct/heavy when turning?

Anyone can tell if there is any notisable diffirent in the car when pressing the sport button when driving?

Is the feeling coming gradiualy or instant?

Regards

#25 ·
NIGHTCD said:
Latest update. Have done an configure of the IPC and now the "Sport mode on/off" working.

Configured the engine ECU but no notisable diffirents in throttle response when engaging the sport button (that i can feel, but the car responds nore to the throttle with or without the sport button engaged)

The gearing (my is an automatic) worked from day one.

The steering is there any motisable feeling, or is it only more direct/heavy when turning?

Anyone can tell if there is any notisable diffirent in the car when pressing the sport button when driving?

Is the feeling coming gradiualy or instant?

Regards
It's instant. If you travel at 20mph in 2nd and then hit the sport button you instantly feel the "kick". But mine is manual so not sure how you'd feel it in an auto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.