Window Tints

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
Lock-N
Astra Model: Astra K 1.6T SRI
Astra Colour: Power Red

Window Tints

Post by Lock-N » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:18 pm

image.jpeg
I have the power red Astra and today got the rear windows tinted with Limo Black and it makes the car look great ? My Opinion.But I'm sure any Astra K with blacked out rear windows would look good.
I Got a good deal the company do a mobile service and only cost me £100.with that I'm happy and proud of how my car looks.So anyone thinking of getting it done I'd say go for it
Last edited by Lock-N on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sebati

Re: Window Tints

Post by sebati » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:37 pm

Looks great:)

I also tinned my 3 windows with thinnest one even this is looking good
Deep Sky Blue 1.6 CDTI 136 HP Execellence(Elite) MT6 MY2016 with 17" alloys + Winter Pack-2

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:25 pm

Thank you. can you post a picture let others see what the best tints to get .I don't think it really matters because the Astra K is a really nice shape anyway. And I suppose each to there own but it gives other owners a view of what each shade can be like and I think it also depends on car colour and I'd like to see what others have done to there cars to get some good ideas

onstar235

Post by onstar235 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:45 pm

that looks realy good anyone know any tinting company's in Southampton that do a mobile service

sebati

Post by sebati » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Lock-N wrote:Thank you. can you post a picture let others see what the best tints to get .I don't think it really matters because the Astra K is a really nice shape anyway. And I suppose each to there own but it gives other owners a view of what each shade can be like and I think it also depends on car colour and I'd like to see what others have done to there cars to get some good ideas

I will after wash my car as soon as possible (:
Deep Sky Blue 1.6 CDTI 136 HP Execellence(Elite) MT6 MY2016 with 17" alloys + Winter Pack-2

Aldor
Astra Model: Opel Astra 1.0T Enjoy
Astra Options: Enjoy More, 17" wheels
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by Aldor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:45 am

Been thinking about tinting mine as well, looks good.
Carbon Flash Astra K 1.0T Enjoy + Enjoy More Package (winter pack, parking assist, armrest, fog lights dual zone AC etc) & 17" wheels.

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:03 am

Thank you I Think it makes the car stand out.It did even before getting the Windows done.iv Had a few admirers asking about the car also said the dark Windows makes it stand out.Another Astra K Owner said he is now thinking about having it done.I Think if other owners can post pictures of there's when done it would give folk an insight as to what shade to go for but as you can see I went for Limo Black had I seen other shades on Astra K Models I might have had a lighter one

drey_p
Astra Model: 1.4 Turbo Elite Nav
Astra Options: 18" Alloys, Parking + Drivers Assistance Pack

Post by drey_p » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:34 am

It looks great Lock-N. It really highlights the floating roof. Has it not bumped up your insurance though?
Power Red 1.4 Turbo (150) Elite Nav with:
18" Bi-Colour Alloys, Parking Pack, Driver's Assistance Pack :D

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi just going to phone them now. I had tints done to another car I had .I phoned insurance and told them and never got charged any extra.I even had to declare a Towbar and that was ok aswell.I feel the motorist is just a cash cow for insurance now.We have to tell them the slightest change and we pay.We don't tell them and we still pay.I read about a someone who changed his headlight bulbs.Had an accident.Insurance assessor found this change and his claim was declined for not notifying them he has put in brighter bulbs

drey_p
Astra Model: 1.4 Turbo Elite Nav
Astra Options: 18" Alloys, Parking + Drivers Assistance Pack

Post by drey_p » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Yeah, the insurers love to see how much more they can squeeze out of us. I hate the fact you have to declare a factory fitted optional extra as a "modification" with most insurers. :x I personally feel that there should be greater differentiation between the two.
Power Red 1.4 Turbo (150) Elite Nav with:
18" Bi-Colour Alloys, Parking Pack, Driver's Assistance Pack :D

Return to “Main Astra K chat”