Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Exhaust tip opinions

106K views 251 replies 35 participants last post by  jbayjonesy 
#1 ·
Anyone got any opinion on if I should buy an exhaust tip to fit to the car? Sometimes I think they don't look good other times I think maybe they would ?! :x

#2 ·

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

#7 ·
Kuro said:
jt123 said:
I also plan to get some dual ones fitted properly as above to look like the 1.6T models but for now I bought this one from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ACD9G46/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looks great (I think so anyway!)
That looks quite good. Does it sit snug and straight and are the fixings out of sight?
It sits snug and you cant see any fixings. It sits straight enough to look decent, from the rear it appears straight, from the side it's facing down slightly due to the angle of the tip not being quite sharp enough but you can only see it from the side if you get down low.. I will try and remember to get a photo from the side.

Well worth the £12 for now, like i say I hope to get a twin exhaust fitted properly by a local exhaust company to give it the 1.6T look :D

#8 ·
#9 ·
Ive just ordered original parts from Opel dealership (Poland) and will replace my single with exhaust from 200HP ;) Looks perfect for me :) And cost about 260£

Its only for HB !!! For ST it costs much much more!

Parts number you need:
39062390 - exhaust
13466213 - black plastic with shape for two exhaust ends
0856078 - pipes connector

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

#13 ·
At first all credits about idea and photos etc goes to my polish friend @SPIDER ;) He started that way of exhaust mod.

Here is screen / photo of that pipe connector (original GM part - dedicated to this mod)

Exhaust of my friend (i'am still waiting for my parts)

Before:

After:

#14 ·
So is that connector on the 1.4T exhaust already? If we're using genuine parts do we need to cut any pipe ? That picture above is that a 1.4T with the 1.6T genuine exhaust being fitted?

#15 ·
No... That connector isn't there. You must cut original pipe (from single exhaust 1.4T) in place that new exhaust (1.6T) pipe ends and connect it with that connector ;)

Yes all photos above are from my friend @SPIDER who made that mod on his 1.4T with 1.6T genuine being fitted :)

#18 ·
1.4 has everything you need... The only parts you have to order are parts ive listed above... Guys... This is mod that is already checked and done with only these parts. I would write more parta if its needed. But theres no need to order anything more ;)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

#19 ·
Well I've just bit the bullet. £254 exhaust and trim from http://genuinepartsearch.co.uk

Still need to get exhaust cutter, clamp and spray paint for plastic trim,so it's colour coded.
So excited 😆

Attachments

#20 ·
AdieMcc said:
Well I've just bit the bullet. £254 exhaust and trim from http://genuinepartsearch.co.uk

Still need to get exhaust cutter, clamp and spray paint for plastic trim,so it's colour coded.
So excited 😆
Be sure to post some pics when done. I am planning a trip to an exhaust place in a few weeks to get quoted to have this carried out but I might have to reconsider if people are achieving great results themselves. What trim are you spray painting?

#21 ·
The trim with holes in for the 2 exhaust pipes. If the clamp doesn't hold I'll just get it welded. Shouldn't cost much. Got good reviews for the clamp though so I have high hopes.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.