All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
AussieKOwner
Astra Model: RS 1.6T
Astra Colour: Silver

Re: Auto lights disabling

Post by AussieKOwner » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:56 pm

mrtailorson_ wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:56 pm
also one should not forget to disable the android auto google maps autodim option. since it becomes unreadable when it darkens.
For me, that is the main issue with the lights being on - Not that the actual lights are on, but the fact that the dash all dims, including the lane change alert lights. Even with this mod, all the dash is still dimmed. What I really want to do is mod the sensor to bias it slightly towards the lights being off. Then if i have to, I can manually turn the lights on.

Is the sensor in the dash (where the red flashy light is) or in the rear view mirror assembly? I'm keen to have a crack...

I did ask the dealer if the sensitivity is adjustable and was met with a firm NO, but I would be almost certain that it can be calibrated, it's just not a service item.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Options: Flux Capacitor
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by Scotty_b » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:41 am

When I changed the switch the screen now behaves as it should far better than before.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

AussieKOwner
Astra Model: RS 1.6T
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by AussieKOwner » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:59 am

I read that it only turns the lights off but does not effect the dimming internally

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 am

AussieKOwner wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:59 am
I read that it only turns the lights off but does not effect the dimming internally
It does seem like the car has multiple stages for the lights.

On my old car, whenever the dipped beams were turned on by the light sensor, the rest of the illumination in the car would dim as well, also if it turned on the light because the rain sensor detected that it was raining sufficiently.

Now, i have seem multiple times that the K has turned on the headlight because of the rain sensor but the rest of the interior lights and screens did not go to night-mode because the light sensor indicated that the ambient light outside was still enough to have it run daytime setting on the rest of the car.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Corbil
Astra Model: 1.6 Cdti Innovation 136bhp

Post by Corbil » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:57 am

cornishtaz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:22 pm
Scotty_b wrote:Bought another switch today for £20. Are the leds 3528s?
You can use 1206 or 0805

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cornihshtaz hi

The color of the leds you used are white or some other color variance?
The leds must have specific voltages to operate properly, or common 1206's or 0805's will do the work?
You removed the older ones with flux and soldering tool or with some other method?

Iam bored of no turning lights anymore even that I changed the light sensor twice....same problems again.

Corbil

Post by Corbil » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Today I received a used excellent condition light switch from a Corsa D.....yeah the latest models of Corda D were using the same light switch as the Corsa E with the only difference that the leds are orange in color, not red.

The new switch

With leds on

And the magic moment!!!!!!!!!!! Finally lights getting OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ON again!!!!!! A fully controlled switch

My car has the matrix lights so the trimming of the lights up and down is not working, and to tell you the truth I dont care. I noticed also that the internal lighting doesn't dim but I don't care also.
Finally I can travel at the sun light without being the stupid guy that forgot to turn off his lights at a shiny day.
I hope as another guy said before that the light sensor will respond better with this switch. I will let you know after testing tomorrow.

Iam also waiting to gather all necessary things in order to make the changing of the leds from orange to white.
I will prepare a small how to when I'll start it.

Cheers and be-careful of the nasty situation with this corona virus.

Corbil

Post by Corbil » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Bad news.

Also the front and rear fog lights do not work.
Iam afraid that either the switch is too old (its from a corsa D 2012 year), or the matrix light makes the switch noT to work properly.
Do any other member has matrix lights with a latest version corsa E and all functions are working? (Except of course the up&down trimming function)

Bogbody

Post by Bogbody » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:56 pm

Looked into this - I dont have front fogs so need the version with auto and just rears AND Corsa E (it appears from the above).... quess what? Cant find them on Ebay. :-(

Corbil

Post by Corbil » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:01 pm

There are plenty of D's on the ebay but same like mine with front and rear fog's.

Anybody with matrix lights and corsa switch, to help my question above?

Arbe_GTC
Astra Model: Opel Astra 5dr
Astra Options: GSI Line 19.5 1.6Turbo
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Arbe_GTC » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi from spain,

The light switch from Zafira D its valid (anti-fog front and rear lights switch works ok) for disabling the auto lights, but the color is RED. But....

You dont need the light switch from Zafira D.

The stock lights switch is fully valid. and the anti-fog works. :lol:

Proof:

my car have ILUX matrix Led lights

regards