Airbag Recall whos waiting

All Vauxhall Astra K related discussions
SwissTJ

Re: Airbag Recall whos waiting

Post by SwissTJ » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:09 pm

Every dealer has access to the same information, which currently states that cars are being checked and that the vehicle status should be checked on a daily basis - approx 100 cars were recently released for sale/delivery.

Can't comment on what individual dealerships do to keep their customers informed.
Views are my own

Astra2016?
Astra Model: k
Astra Colour: White

Post by Astra2016? » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:48 pm

SwissTJ wrote: Absolute drivel, the hold has nothing at all to do with that, as has already been stated many times it's a possible problem with wiring at a connector.
Hi SwissTJ. where did you get this information, it's new to me.

SwissTJ

Post by SwissTJ » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Initial Stop Sale message was in late September - potential damage on the wire insulation for the curtain airbags, near the airbag connectors.
Views are my own

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Paulch » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm

SwissTJ wrote: Absolute drivel, the hold has nothing at all to do with that, as has already been stated many times it's a possible problem with wiring at a connector.
Hi

It might well be drivel but unless someone from Vauxhall / Opel has the balls to standup and admit what is actually going on then these types of rumors are going to continue. Oh and you need to inform your customers not fob them off. (Not you personally SwissTJ I might add).

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

SwissTJ

Post by SwissTJ » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi - It might well be drivel but unless someone from Vauxhall / Opel has the balls to standup and admit what is actually going on then these types of rumors are going to continue. Oh and you need to inform your customers not fob them off. (Not you personally SwissTJ I might add).

Cheers, Paul

As I said, the information is there, openly & widely available and I'd wholeheartedly agree that dealers should be keeping their customers informed. The ones who don't give us all a bad name!

If any UK customers have the VIN number for their held car I will happily check for them - just send me a DM - but you should really be pestering your supplying dealer.

BTW, the 'drivel' is Pacmania's bizarre assertion that this has something to do with the Toyota recall.
Views are my own

mozza0130
Astra Model: Design
Astra Options: F&R parking sensors, spare wheel
Astra Colour: Granite Grey

Post by mozza0130 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:46 pm

SwissTJ wrote:Initial Stop Sale message was in late September - potential damage on the wire insulation for the curtain airbags, near the airbag connectors.
Sounds like a very simple fix. Any idea how many vehicles are held back because of this?

Sergillox

Post by Sergillox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:52 am

Hi everybody!

I'm from Spain, i bought my new Astra K (1.6 CDTI 160 hp) in May. It arrived to my dealer in September and since then it is hold there because Airbag issue.

Yesterday, my dealer told me that fix is expected in December. I told him that I want new car with discount; or a great discount; or get back my money .

grahamc wrote:My Dealer has now asked Vauxhall to replace the car!! its now been 4 weeks
@grahamc, any update about this?

Sergillox

Post by Sergillox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:58 am

mozza0130 wrote:Sounds like a very simple fix. Any idea how many vehicles are held back because of this?
My dealer said me that there are more of 2000 vehicles with this problem!

I don`t understand: no magazine or motor's website talks about this. GM has silenced Europe

T.J

Post by T.J » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:51 pm

mozza0130 wrote:I haven't seen a single sports tourer on the road yet and they've been on sale since March. Not even my local dealer has one on display or available for test drive.
We ordered ours end of June, should have collected last week of September but was delayed a few days due to the airbag issue - ours wasn't affected but dealer wouldn't release the car until they they confirmed this.

Sergillox

Post by Sergillox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:15 pm

First article in a motor's website about our problem! (in spanish) :

http://www.autonocion.com/varios-miles- ... -molestos/